aching from head to toe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aching from head to toe

My pain is not MS-related. It seems to be muskular in nature.

I suspect the root cause is physical labor, putting in 65 feet of garden edging, muching leaves, cutting all my hostas and putting my herb garden to bed.

Why post this on MS World? Because it's flippin' amazing to have that much energy.

It was 50ish degrees today and I spent 8 hours outside. This is the first time in a while I've been physically exhausted before neurologically exhausted. It's odd, but I can tell the difference. MS fatigue feels like running on a low battery, whereas today I feel like a toddler after a day at the zoo.

I guess it's my own bit of gratitude for the day. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Originally posted by trevvian View Post

I suspect the root cause is physical labor, putting in 65 feet of garden edging, muching leaves, cutting all my hostas and putting my herb garden to bed.

Why post this on MS World? Because it's flippin' amazing to have that much energy.
    You know, you're right. This actually is something to be grateful for. I can't remember the last time I was exhausted when it wasn't related to MS.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by trevvian View Post

It was 50ish degrees today and I spent 8 hours outside. This is the first time in a while I've been physically exhausted before neurologically exhausted. It's odd, but I can tell the difference. MS fatigue feels like running on a low battery, whereas today I feel like a toddler after a day at the zoo.

I guess it's my own bit of gratitude for the day. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
      Yay! That is so great! I am sure your body feels it but emotionally what a great boost! I am so happy for you Ant!

Comment

I hear you trevvian - I did similar stuff on Saturday. I had so much energy and cleaned up flower beds as well as garden beds. I paid for it that night and the next day. Ibu saved my sore muscles some.

I am still trying to learn to pace myself, but we do what we must to get ready for winter!
        Hope you are not too sore tomorrow. Rest easy~~
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

This weekend was fall cleanup of the garden as well! I was only out 3 hours Saturday and 2 Sunday. But it was so good to be outside and not melting in the heat! I paid for it, but well worth it.

Eight hours - that is alot. I can understand why the muscles are sore!
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X