Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bartender asked my husband if I had too much!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bartender asked my husband if I had too much!

Ok, so afyer his assessment, my neuro always tells me not to get pulled over, as I won't pass the sobriety test😱

Saturday night, we were out someplace new. I excused myself and apparently, the bartender asked my husband if I had "had enough". I had only one beer there.

It has been a busy 3 months, overtired a lot, and constant trying to push thru. So yes, I had trouble getting out of my barstool, missed out on some conversation, couldn't find words a few times, walked into the wall, walked into the men's room, tripped, and bumped into my stool.

Not sure why he thought I was drunk.

I wasn't having another anyway. I am sure my neuro will laugh when I tell him. May need to creat a hat - Not Drunk, MS.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

LOL
    I feel most comfortable at a drinking establishment and drink black coffee. When I stagger a little and look off I fit right in. Nobody suspects. I’ll have a drink still now but not till close to bedtime and close to bed.
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Well i always say if your gonna do something , do it properly!

Fatigue always makes everything worse

One beer wouldn't have me 'under the table' but one wine would.

Went to "Pink" with DIL last month. The only tickets we could get were VIP. Cost a mint!
      And included an open bar (no spirits). was such a waste! she had 2 waters and i had 2 orange juices.

Comment

I'm sorry that happened and agree when exhausted everything is amplified.

Wasn't it David Lander from Laverne and Shirley who said before he came out he preferred people think he was drunk rather than have MS.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
          Ok, so afyer his assessment, my neuro always tells me not to get pulled over, as I won't pass the sobriety test😱
          This is terrible, but I’ve failed a sobriety test when I was sober. (Where is the facepalm emoticon?)
          I wasn’t even driving but I volunteered to drive a group of very drunk people I was with at the river after they were stopped in the parking lot.
          I got really frustrated and told the cop, “Just give me a breathalyzer so we can leave please!” He said he’s never had anyone ask for a breathalyzer before and sent us on our merry way.
          On another note, does anyone else notice an improvement in their symptoms after they’ve had a couple of drinks? It relaxes my muscles enough to make me walk less awkwardly, calms the hand tremors and stops the urge to pee every twenty minutes. But the next morning the symptoms are back, twice as bad as they were before. It takes an entire day for them to calm back down.
          “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

IntoDust
            On another note, does anyone else notice an improvement in their symptoms after they’ve had a couple of drinks?

Not really an improvement, but as alcohol starts to kick in i ache badly , all over. Its not very pleasant. But only lasts a maybe 5-10 minutes then eases. I think it may be the spasticity relaxing because the muscles most effected hurt the worst. So maybe this could be classed as an improvement in spasticity?
            I haven't really taken notice of the next day.
            But i have noticed if i take strong pain killers or have a general anaesthetic for something i have very little discomfort for a day or so. Its like the muscles have really relaxed and it takes a bit for them to pull tight again.

Interested in others experience.

Comment

Oh boy! Too funny - not laughing at you, but remembering pre-cane/pre-walker days when I'm sure others thought i had too much to drink.

Years ago I got a card from the NMSS to put in my wallet to show an officer in case I got pulled over and had to get out and walk. It's title was something like "to the officer in charge" - something like that. It goes on to explain that I have MS and walking problems can appear to mimic someone who is inebriated. Also explains slurred speech and some cognitive problems.

I'm trying to find that card as I type this...naturally, I can't find it!
              Oh well, if it ever happens, I'll show my cane, my walker and handicap placard and cross my fingers.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
                IntoDust
                On another note, does anyone else notice an improvement in their symptoms after they’ve had a couple of drinks?
                Like everything else when drinking, perhaps I forget about the symptoms. But no.

I can feel pretty terrible the day after having more than one drink. In fact I feel like I finally have an explanation for why I have not really been able to tolerate alcohol well for the past 10 years.

I have recently joked that having MS sometimes makes me feel drunk but not "happy."
                All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
                X