Appology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appology

I re-read some of my posts from yesterday. I want to apologize for losing my cool. I was in the middle of my second 12 1/2 HR shift in a row. Didn't even get a lunch break on any of my three 12 1/2 HR shifts this week. I let my emotions, driven by the craziness of my work day, get the best of me. Probably shouldn't have been posting while stressed. Lol.

Also, I think I have become a bit jealous/frustrated that all my positive posts get a few responses while others get multiple pages.

You guys rock. I am proud to know each and every one of you. I have learned a lot about MS and how to live with it gracefully in my decade as a member.
    I'm all about spreading positivity and love. I regret that I let one person get under my skin.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes by Kurt Vonnegut:

"Life is an uphill battle. Wear the good shoes".

Take care, everyone. ❤

You had me at 3-12s. Amazing insight, so happy to read this!

Like I recently posted my goals for 2019 as inspired by Warren Buffet include mastering humility and restraint. Easier said than done for me.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hi Kitty. Stressed and tired from a long work week, I am sure jacks up our emotions.

I do hope you stick around. Take a break if needed, but hope you come back. I do remember a few years ago, your posts and struggles. I was really glad to see that you were more active again, and mentally, that you seemed to be in a better place.

But we all know that with MS, we have ebbs and flows, better days than others, and good stretches, along with rough stretches.

I am always inspired by the strength and fighting spirit so many show. This doesn't mean I expect all rosy and feel good posts, I admire the honesty that is exhibited here. But it always picks me up when I see posts from members that have struggled and you can see a corner being turned.

Hope better days ahead for you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

kittysmith

Thank you for sharing with such honesty and humility.

So glad that you're a member here.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

kittysmith,

I regret that I let one person get under my skin.
          Evaluate how you feel about certain posts/threads/people and if they cause you to feel angry and frustrated take a step back. Calmly decide if it's even worth responding to someone who really doesn't want help.

We really don't know who a person is when dealing with them on a message board or "cyber-space." Through the years I have been coming to MSWorld I have seen many come and go, some come to find answers and truly want help and understanding, some are "trolls," Some have more issues than MS, create drama, and get what they are looking for...attention, which can feed into their self-pity. Some people, even in our real lives, can suck the life out of you.

If anyone is feeling overwhelmed and frustrated about some of the Threads/Posts, simply stop reading and posting to them. The less attention a thread or person gets the less power that person has. Once the attention is taken away they lose their power. The "Ignore" feature (mentioned in another Thread) is a first step...as long as you don't peek

Kittysmith, you have nothing to apologize for (that I am aware of). We are imperfect people and situations like this can remind us what imperfections within ourselves need work. This is simply a learning experience to better ourselves.

"Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before you lived through it. Honor your path. Trust your journey. Learn, grow, evolve, become." ~ Creig Crippen
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I must have missed something Kitty. Don't remember ever seeing any wild posts from you. Or if I did read them, they didn't resonate anything with me. So whatever they were, they couldn't have been as bad as you think. We all have moments.

Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Your good Kitty. I was happy to read your posts along with everybody else’s. There’s been lots of emotions being put to words. It’s a hard struggle we all have. Life in general is. And then put MS on top!!
              It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

I also hope that you will stick around. You can "ignore" members whose posts you do not wish to read.

And we have some positive threads going right now.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Also, I think I have become a bit jealous/frustrated that all my positive posts get a few responses while others get multiple pages.
                  Me too. I re read the msworld 'rules' a while back and it is very clear that pretty much everything we discuss should be to do with ms.
                  Thats fine but oldies like me only occasionally need info.
                  What i'm lacking is some one to converse with 'without judgement'.
                  Isolation is just as much a challenge of ms as is pain or numbness imo.
                  The ability to maybe help some ones queries on here is also a confidence boost.
                  But it can really be detrimental if things aren't taken the way they are meant.
                  i see others trying to 'just talk' too at times and try and show an interest because i know how it feels to be unanswered. But i don't want to be a post hog either. And of course we all have other commitments.
                  There are so many on here that i feel i have gotten to know , a little, and look for their posts because i enjoy reading them.
                  i truely wish more would be active participants.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
                    i truely wish more would be active participants.
                    Back in the day, before Facebook? and the moderation lag it was so lively. It was like a written chat and I can remember interacting with five or six members on several different threads at a time. The off topic board was especially nice to get to know about each other beyond MS. We had personal message option to touch base with like minded peers which was also helpful if someone needed a gentle reminder to be kind.

Ahhh those were the days. But the truth is I probably spent way more time here than I needed to, lol.
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
                      [COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=&quot] I re read the msworld 'rules' a while back and it is very clear that pretty much everything we discuss should be to do with ms.
                      Hey Caroline - We all live with MS here and as far as I'm concerned, everything we discuss - be it meds, our daily lives, our challenges and victories, our work, our relationships, our gripes, our silly stories, etc. can and should be discussed! I live a fairly isolated life and depend on this site to feel connected to all of you. And you're right - it is a challenge for many of us.

About the only thing that probably shouldn't be discussed is anything too political or religious, as stated by the guidelines. There are other sites for that.

And Kitty - please no need for an apology! We all have bad and stressful days - you should feel safe here among us to express your feelings! I admire you and so many others here.

I want to write more, but my little granddaughter is wanting me to play.
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                        Back in the day, before Facebook? and the moderation lag it was so lively. It was like a written chat and I can remember interacting with five or six members on several different threads at a time. The off topic board was especially nice to get to know about each other beyond MS. We had personal message option to touch base with like minded peers which was also helpful if someone needed a gentle reminder to be kind.

Ahhh those were the days. But the truth is I probably spent way more time here than I needed to, lol.
                        I remember those days too, Jules. I also miss the Off Topic board and the option to send personal messages.

And, although I'm a moderator, I don't make the rules. Although I try to enforce them, my larger goal is to help others.
                        ~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

[COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=&quot]https://www.msworld.org/forum/themec...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Carolinemf https://www.msworld.org/forum/themec...post-right.png
                          I re read the msworld 'rules' a while back and it is very clear that pretty much everything we discuss should be to do with ms.

Hey Caroline - We all live with MS here and as far as I'm concerned, everything we discuss - be it meds, our daily lives, our challenges and victories, our work, our relationships, our gripes, our silly stories, etc. can and should be discussed! I live a fairly isolated life and depend on this site to feel connected to all of you. And you're right - it is a challenge for many of us.

Wow seasha I'm sorry if what i said rubbed you the wrong way. I really wasn't having a go at the guidlines or any one or anything in particular. i just meant thats the way i took it.And maybe others perceive it literally too?
                          i know from experience that we are ABLE to discuss anything other than ms except controversial topics like religion and politics . It's just a shame that we don't more often - was what i was trying to get across.
                          so sorry if i offended. you are actually one of my favourite posters.
                          The thread mamabug has started about our good activities is great.
                          I would love too enhance the existing threads about what we watch on tv by having a thread to do with favourite books and movies. Best , worst, funniest, favourite old movie /book.
                          And some of the posts about 'the old days ' from older members regarding feeling like they were having a conversation is something that i would enjoy being able to participate in.
                          I have no real idea how to achieve this. but it would be nice.
                          thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf
                            [COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=&quot]https://www.msworld.org/forum/themec...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Carolinemf https://www.msworld.org/forum/themec...post-right.png
                            I re read the msworld 'rules' a while back and it is very clear that pretty much everything we discuss should be to do with ms.

Wow seasha I'm sorry if what i said rubbed you the wrong way. I really wasn't having a go at the guidlines or any one or anything in particular. i just meant thats the way i took it.And maybe others perceive it literally too?
                            i know from experience that we are ABLE to discuss anything other than ms except controversial topics like religion and politics . It's just a shame that we don't more often - was what i was trying to get across.
                            so sorry if i offended. you are actually one of my favourite posters.
                            The thread mamabug has started about our good activities is great.
                            I would love too enhance the existing threads about what we watch on tv by having a thread to do with favourite books and movies. Best , worst, funniest, favourite old movie /book.
                            And some of the posts about 'the old days ' from older members regarding feeling like they were having a conversation is something that i would enjoy being able to participate in.
                            I have no real idea how to achieve this. but it would be nice.
                            thanks all
                            Oh dear Caroline! I'm sorry- I was actually writing my post with a smile on my face. Just trying to convey that everything under the sun can be talked about here. Guess maybe I came across wrong.... I'm with you here and sometimes I'd love to talk about anything else NOT MS. Know what I mean? And yes, because I'm feeling very lonely at times... I enjoy your posts too
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sorry again- didn't sound like you seasha. i did wonder if i had read it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X