Cleaning supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning supplies

I don't know what made me look this up, but I googled fabric softeners and found a lot of reports that stated they are very harmful to our health. Lots of chemicals. It has me thinking maybe all these different sprays, liquids, cloths etc might be playing some part in some of our problems.

I'd hate to think I caused Sam's illnesses by using this stuff. Does anyone have any input or thoughts on this?? Now I'll be worrying about every little bottle I have stored around here.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I'm also wondering about plug in air fresheners and Scentsy wax bars.

My poor mind is running down blind alleys now.
    Marti

Comment

Marti,
      If you’re worried, there is a large market of natural cleaning products online and may DIY recipes also. Basically, all sorts of vinegar and baking soda mixtures for the whole house. Some even use essential oils for scented cleaners.
      Personally, I feel that everything is pretty much a carcinogen these days and it’s just the world we live in.
      I’m not sure what happened to Sam but I can not imagine that your cleaning products could have caused or exasperated any disease state that would have contributed to his passing. Please don’t worry about that!
      “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
        Marti,
        If you’re worried, there is a large market of natural cleaning products online and may DIY recipes also. Basically, all sorts of vinegar and baking soda mixtures for the whole house. Some even use essential oils for scented cleaners.
        Personally, I feel that everything is pretty much a carcinogen these days and it’s just the world we live in.
        I’m not sure what happened to Sam but I can not imagine that your cleaning products could have caused or exasperated any disease state that would have contributed to his passing. Please don’t worry about that!

Thanks. Do you think there is any reason to worry about using some of the products on the market? Could our neurological symptoms have come from them??
        Marti

Comment

O
          Originally posted by marti View Post
          Thanks. Do you think there is any reason to worry about using some of the products on the market? Could our neurological symptoms have come from them??
          I think that most of the chemicals have some toxicity associated with them, but that’s why it’s recommended to use them in a well ventilated area. They’re rigorously tested and must meet certain standards before going on the market.
          As for causing neurological symptoms, unless someone is huffing Dustoff as they clean I’d say it’s highly unlikely.
          The risk of foregoing chemicals and allowing bacteria to build up is worse, in my opinion.
          “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
            Some good brands include The Honest Company, Mrs. Meyers and Method. I think you’ll find at least two of these brands at Target.

Comment

Working...
            X