Personal Responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jules- Sigh too!!!

Mamabug- so well said. your post really touched me.
    The process has become more efficient since a lot of us went through diagnosis.
    But it is true most major things that happen in our lives take about 2 or three years to 'settle'.
    Where the stoic generation had an advantage is that they would have accepted this time and anything involved in it as par for the course. Those without this acceptance seem to struggle more with the 'process'.
    Unfortunately no one can wave a wand and make things easier with the human condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
      Mamabug- so well said. your post really touched me.
      Thanks!
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Jules- Sigh too!!!

Where the stoic generation had an advantage is that they would have accepted this time and anything involved in it as par for the course. Those without this acceptance seem to struggle more with the 'process'.
        Unfortunately no one can wave a wand and make things easier with the human condition.
        You nailed it. Back when we expected life to be difficult the extra difficult stuff like MS didn't seem so out of the ordinary. It was an awful shock but I never really had the "why me" thoughts. More like "ahhh yeah of course now I got this to deal with too, go figure".

Kids now a days talk about something called a work:life balance what exactly is that? lol
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

You nailed it. don't know jules? maybe just gettin old? thought there wasn't a generation gap anymore LOL

Comment

Back when we expected life to be difficult the extra difficult stuff like MS didn't seem so out of the ordinary. It was an awful shock but I never really had the "why me" thoughts. More like "ahhh yeah of course now I got this to deal with too, go figure".

i actually think YOU NAILED IT better.

Comment

You nailed it. don't know jules? maybe just gettin old? thought there wasn't a generation gap anymore LOL
              Lol, I was trying to remain in denial about the getting old thing in this instance but yes, aaackkk, its definitely the case.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

Working...
              X