my HONEST opion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
    https://www.msworld.org/forum/themec...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by gargantua https://www.msworld.org/forum/themec...post-right.png

1. Defining the best-case scenario in clear words;
    2. Taking the best care of yourself by not over-medicating;
    3. Getting good rest;
    4. Getting help with your inner voices that keep feeding scenarios that lead to firing;
    5. Using the gratitude journal direct your thoughts to the above goals as they are met.

Thinking good thoughts, G

I would give anything to find a way to get good rest. I think the others I could work with , but this insomnia has been with me since I was a little girl. It has gotten better but its still rough on the nights I can't get to sleep until 2.
    Sleeping well can be a challenge with so much to think about, but in addition to Mamabug's suggestions one simple thing to start with is to stretch for 15 minutes before bed. I've posted some detailed yoga moves in a past thread. Even laying down and doing a few bicycle pumps. It seems contrary to logic that getting the blood coursing would enable good sleep, but for me it really does.

All the best - G
    All the best, ~G

Comment

Unless I'm having leg spasms and despite getting up a million times to pee I have been blessed to be a good sleeper.

That said however I have heard really good things about sleep aps. There is one that tells a story and the person I know with severe PTSD who uses it swears by it and says they aren't ever able to stay up long enough to hear the ending.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

sleep aps

And anyone who is on a screen right before bed should be using a screen dimmer. Those'll put you right out.
        All the best, ~G

Comment

Mama

i have never heard of the pumpkin thing. I might give that a try.

Marti

i have my sleeping pills I use when I’m desperate, but taking something every night at least for me makes things not work anymore.

I have always thought my insomnia was related to something more serious, but no one ever took me seriously so I learned to deal.

Gargantua

I think that’s one of my main problems. I think way to much when I need to sleep. (Even years ago). I would think about everything I did and needed to do. I just don’t know how to stop it though.

Jules

ill look into the sleep apps. I’ve tried a lot of things so anything new I will definitely try. I know on this rare nights I sleep 8 hours everything is so much better for me.

Comment

Its called Simple Habit apparently a mindfulness, medication app with unlimited choices of topics.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Working...
            X