Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vertigo/severe vomiting episode - ms flare, or bad trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vertigo/severe vomiting episode - ms flare, or bad trip?

i woke up sunday morning with a headache and pretty debilitating vertigo.

i took a dramamine with a little bit of food, and within 30 minutes, i could feel the effects of the pill, but it seemed to be a lot stronger than normal. within seconds of that, i lost everything i ate, and continued vomiting over and over and over. then the diarrhea started.

i was so weak i couldn't talk, or move. my son (he's only 16, poor thing) tried to pack me a bag and rushed me to the hospital. i continued vomiting on the ride, and into ER triage. zofran and iv fluids stopped the episode and i went home 6 hours later.

the doctor said that my blood work was okay, and that i wasn't emergent anymore (well, duh!). no testing was done. i explained the episode to the pharmacist, and she said that there was no way that dramamine would do that. she said the vomiting was going to come anyway. what do you all think - flare, or bad trip?

If it was a flare, the vertigo would have to remain 24-48 hours. Possible virus?
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Sounds like it could have been a terrible stomach bug. E/R's just don't do as much as they used to with testing. I don't get that.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

This is an old thread. But my very first MS flare (2002) began with extreme dizziness. Often accompanied by vomiting if I would get out of my reclined position.

For the first 3 days, I thought it was a weird flu bug. It was followed by stroke-like symptoms in the middle of the night, a trip to the ER, hospitalization, PT, OT, months off of work, almost two years of limbo prior to dx, etc.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X