No announcement yet.

Being honest about MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thing I just can’t get past is I don’t think I deserve anything. Like this promotion we have coming up at work. I’m not deserving of it. Someone whose not like me should get it.

I feel like my life ended on September 21 of 2017 and I’m just waiting for my body to catch up.

Comment

https://www.msworld.org/forum/themec...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Daisycat https://www.msworld.org/forum/themec...post-right.png
      It’s a greater chance of me being disabled than it is of me going on month long vacations like my dad or going on mile hikes twice a day like my great grandparents did.

I happen to feel the same way but neither of us know for sure. The difference is I'm making hay while the sun is shining. I absolutely have no intention of sticking around after I feel my life isn't worth living but that certainly isn't today or likely the near future. I'm continuing to work my butt off, hopefully til my early 60s, will keep taking vacations, going to concerts, conferences and working out for as long as I am blessed to do so.

I wasn't fortunate to have an idealistic childhood. I scratched and clawed for everything I have ever gotten and yet at all phases I felt at peace that I had lived a very full life for my age. Overall it has been a fun, wild and often bumpy ride. I rue the day I was diagnosed with MS but it is what it is.

Jules I love reading your posts!! I wish i was as eloquent

Comment

Originally posted by Jenaw35 View Post

I think it's difficult to be honest about loss. It's easier to focus on someone else then deal with my own issues.
        But I'm trying.
        I really appreciate having this website to talk to others who can relate.
        I also go on chat from time to time which has really helped me . Misery really does love company. Lol

Thanks for listening to my rambling.
        Jenaw --. Thanks for your post. I'm glad you're here. :-)
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post

Jules I love reading your posts!! I wish i was as eloquent
          Awww thanks, I was thinking the same about yours.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Working...
          X