Facial twitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facial twitching

Does anyone else have facial twitching? My right cheek and eye have been twitching off and on for months (same eye that I've had ON several times). My MS doc prescribed a muscle relaxer, but it makes me too sleepy to use during the day. I feel like a lot of it is related to stress and lack of sleep. Was just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Kitty smith, yes I have had eye twitching but thankfully it has been very short in duration and occurs mostly under stress. An MS friend also has this twitching like you have and has used Botox injections, which have really helped her. (I can only imagine how absolutely difficult that is to live with for long periods of time!!). She also comments hat the added benefit is that she no longer has wrinkles. 😉 Maybe Check with with doc on this as an option.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by MyGirlsMom View Post
      Kitty smith, yes I have had eye twitching but thankfully it has been very short in duration and occurs mostly under stress. An MS friend also has this twitching like you have and has used Botox injections, which have really helped her. (I can only imagine how absolutely difficult that is to live with for long periods of time!!). She also comments hat the added benefit is that she no longer has wrinkles. �� Maybe Check with with doc on this as an option.
      Thanks for your reply. What can we not fix with Botox? It's the Duct Tape of Medicine. Lol. I had Botox in my bladder. It worked too well.

Comment

I've had facial twitching too, but long before I ever had any MS symptoms. For me it only happened when I was stressed and overtired and would subside after the stress had passed.

Comment

Facial and eye twitching, not related to stress, which can be bad at times. I have had to tell people that I'm having this problem or they would think that I am winking at them. Im always happy when it goes away.

Comment

I get it in my left eye. Sometimes, it is twitching and visible to others, other times, I feel like it is twitching, but it is not visible. So when out and about, I am never sure when visible to others! For me, it is definitely related to fatigue. It is also the eye I had ON in.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X