Update on Abdominal Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on Abdominal Pain

Hi all! In my posts last month I was struggling with abdominal pain and urgency. The urgency has resolved but I have continued to have abdominal pain along with high liver enzyme levels. My doctors are trying to determine if it is autoimmune hepatitis or a problem with my gallbladder. This past week I had a liver biopsy and next week a HIDA Scan for my gallbladder function.

In the meantime, I am feeling quite horrible which has provoked an increase in anxiety. I am trying to be strong and positive and taking it all one day at a time.

In reviewing some old posts, Marco identified that Copaxone has listed post marketing several liver issues. My only MS DMD was Copaxone from 2009-2017. I stopped due to limitations with available injection sites and damaged skin.

Has anyone been through something similar? I am feeling extremely alone in this. Adding another chronic illness (as I have a couple other autoimmune diseases) is quite frankly too overwhelming for me. Thankfully my dear husband and daughters are very supportive!

I have stopped working as the pain/discomfort and general malaise feeling makes it too difficult to be in an office and appointments full time. This gives me time to rest, but also allows the mind to wander.....

Thanks for listening....I am so glad to have this forum to share thoughts with all of you and to hear your experiences as well! Blessing to all of you in MS World!

MGM

It is sad that you have these new issues. I have had abdominal pain for months now and urgency as well. Sometimes I think "I can't take anymore" and the only thing to do is keep taking it. Maybe you will feel better once you know the cause of your abdominal pain. I usually feel terrible wondering what something might be and once I know, I can do something (most of the time.) I still don't know the cause of my problem but will be seeing my doctor about it very soon.

Let us know how your tests come out and I hope that you feel much better soon.

Comment

Thank you loopey! Yes, I feel like that reguarly as the pain has been around for a while. It started as a tightness feeling throughout my abdomen. I thought it was spacity and chalked it up to MS. (MS is a big bucket to dump into.)

When it got really bad in mid August, my friend encouraged me to see my primary care doctor and she ordered liver tests...and now here we are.

Currently it feels similar to contipsation as I feel bloated, full and over all my abdomen hurts. To be honest I am very scared and uncomfortable 😣.

Please do get in to your doctor too as I have learned so far that waiting isn’t good. My doctor told me I should have come in sooner....I think us MSers try to tough it out as many docs make us think we are crazy. Please keep me posted on your end too and I hope you feel better and have answers soon!!

Comment

I've had abdominal problems for years. Started with my gallbladder which went the way of the dinosaur back in the 90's. Then.... in 2008 I had emergency surgery to remove a blockage in my small intestine. Lost a few inches of it and have never been the same. I developed IBS. A few years later was dx with chronic gastritis. Still... never the same as before. I take Librax as needed which is not helping as much as it used to. I assume your doctor has run tests. I understand from this board that GI problems are common among us. If you've had past surgeries be very careful about tummy pain. Adhesions can cause the pain with or without a blockage. But a blockage can be very bad. Get it checked and checked again.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
        X