Too poor for doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too poor for doctors

I am 54 year old woman and have never had a colonoscopy or a mammogram. I am so involved with MS that I barely think about obgyns, pcps, or yearly checkups. One catastrophic disease is enough and I need food and shelter. Been wearing the same glasses for years...they are good enough for my present needs.

I see my neuro twice a year. I buy very few MS meds (which is actually good because none of them hit it out of the park for me anyway so why bother?). My priorities are food and shelter. Everything else has to get in line (including doctor appointments).
    Tawanda

Hi Tawanda,
    I think many would empathise with your circumstances and decisions over the years.

Even if they don't have the financial concerns it can be to overwhelming to become immersed in more medical problems. I feels like thats all you have in your life.

And food and shelter should always be our priorities anyway. It's a first world problem if we have to worry about things that aren't interfering with daily life.Our grandparents didn't go looking for more to worry about they had enough already.
    I haven't bothered with colon/mammo's either.
    Some times I think it would be a quicker way to go.
    But thats on the bad days.
    Other times I'm surprised to find i'm planning something further ahead. Like watching grandkids in sports at school.
    I hope you have had some surprises that you have been able to look forward to that you've been able to enjoy and make all the effort worth while too.
    Caroline.

Comment

Working...
    X