Brain MRI results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain MRI results

My neurologist ordered a mri with contrast as the one without showed white matter in the periventricular area. This is the report with contrast:
    IMPRESSION:
    Similar white matter lesion in the right periventricular white matter
    corresponds with an area of faint enhancement on postcontrast imaging most
    suggestive of an acute to subacute demyelinating plaque.

I have a mri with and with contrast on my spine next week. But what does the brain mri mean.
    Thank you so much. I have not been diagnosed with MS. She is looking right now to confirm or dismiss MS.

Hello alberta41 and welcome to MSWorld.

The MRI shows what you already know ~ there is a lesion in the periventricular area. A demyelinating lesion can have different causes including MS. I'm glad to hear your Neurologist has scheduled a MRI of the spine, hopefully you will have answers soon.

Please let us know what, if anything, the spine MRI shows and what your Neurologist has to say. In the mean time feel free to ask any questions you may have.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you Snoopy for replying so quickly. I am nervous about how my mri on my spine will be, but yesterday my test for optic neuritis was negative so I was happy to hear that. It's the waiting that is the worst. I had my first brain mri because of a daily constant headache and the lesion was found, that's when I was referred to the Neurologist. So now just getting all these tests done.

Comment

Hi alberta41

Most of us know how anxiety provoking that whole testing process is, including the worry and wait time for answers. Not easy or fun, that's for sure!

Wishing you some peace and calm while you're going through your tests.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing, and what you find out.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you so much KoKo. Yes I am anxious to get an answer as to what the heck is going on with my body. Hopefully after the mri's of my spine will give my Neurologist more answers.

Comment

Working...
          X