Any excessive yawning on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any excessive yawning on the board?

I've had a problem for years with yawning a lot. But, it's like I have to force one in order to get a satisfying deep breath to feel comfortable. Recently I saw some medical reports concerning yawning and MS.

Just wondered if anyone has any information about this or any first hand experience. It's exhausting, but not related to fatigue exactly. More of a breathing thing for me. I admit to a lot of anxiety so I have not ruled that out.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I yawn all the time. No logic to it.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Marti, I get where you’re coming from. There are times when I too need to yawn to get a complete breath. It’s not constant, it’s infrequent and seemingly random. I might be sitting on the couch or walking around at the time, not sure why or what the pattern is...weird, though.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
        ... it's like I have to force one in order to get a satisfying deep breath to feel comfortable.
        How's your lung health?

I never thought much about yawning (or any other breathing) until I got COPD, but I definitely do yawn more. I'm not on oxygen, yet, but my lung capacity is low enough to qualify for disability.

I think about my breath more often than I could ever have imagined...
        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Yawning can be a side effect of many antidepressents. When I started Pristique many years ago I was either yawning or couldn't keep my mouth shut--talk about embarassing!
          BTW-I gained 20 pounds with that drug!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLavelle View Post
            How's your lung health?

I never thought much about yawning (or any other breathing) until I got COPD, but I definitely do yawn more. I'm not on oxygen, yet, but my lung capacity is low enough to qualify for disability.

I think about my breath more often than I could ever have imagined...

Lungs seem to be fine. Thanks.
            Marti

Comment

Originally posted by Doodlebug View Post
              Yawning can be a side effect of many antidepressents. When I started Pristique many years ago I was either yawning or couldn't keep my mouth shut--talk about embarassing!
              BTW-I gained 20 pounds with that drug!

Not taking any antidepressants, but I do take anti anxiety meds.
              Marti

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
                Not taking any antidepressants, but I do take anti anxiety meds.
                Hi Marti-

I would doublecheck the meds. Many anti anxiety & antidepressants meds are one and the same. Google the meds. If the med is a selective serotonin based (SSRI) it may very likely a weird side effect.

My father-in-law was prescribed Effexor for his anxiety. That drug is also prescribed as an antidepressant.

When I worked in the clinic many of the doctors would prescribe the drugs interchangeably.

There is also a good article about it on WebMd about which drugs are prescribed for both reasons.

-Jackie-

Comment

Working...
                X