thanks and goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks and goodbye

Just wanted to thank everyone here for all of their support. I now know that nothing will ever make this curse OK and I am fine with that. I do not want to be OK with this curse and I have no desire to talk to someone who doesn’t have this curse because I have a feeling every other word I would say would be very vulgar since they would be thinking they are superior to me.

Anyways I wish everyone here the best of luck. The earlier thread made me realize I will never be happy and that is what I needed to find out. Now I just need to wait and see if I was misdiagnosed. I will no longer be posting here since my views and beliefs on this curse are not welcome. But thank you again everyone

I absolutely do support you Daisycat, and I want to thank you for being refreshingly honest in all your posts. The discussion you initiated has been very much appreciated by dozens, possibly hundreds or more. I benefitted and so did many others, Dasiycat. Thank you so very much!

I don't think that I was of much practical help, however, practical help is not always effective. Sometimes, many times, most times, it isn't what we share but how we share it... that is, can I convey care and concern in such a way to uplift and support you no matter what I have to say? Sometimes we have little counsel and all we can offer is empathy. Many times practical advice fails but love succeeds. Most respond well to love and that is what changes people, circumstances, and situations.

I am so sorry your thread closed, Daisycat. I feel that was a mistake. Anyone bothered should have stayed away. A few expressed displeasure and said they would bug off but unfortunately they stay didn't away. Perhaps, discomfort played a role in closing it down, perhaps not. In any case, it is sad when adults who should know better can't stay off a thread and not post if they are offended or discouraged by the conversations going on. Did someone tell you that you had to be there? Didn't you ever think some people wanted to be there or needed an outlet for expression?

As mentioned, I believe closing the thread was a mistake because it drove illuminating conversation and a great deal of it. We do not see that very often here, anymore. There was a host of excellent posts made! A tremendous amount of thought and energy went into those posts. Thankfully, those will remain and will be read by many others battling depression, uncertain of the future.

A word to you, Seasha, my dear friend. There is no one I have more respect for than you. You are a tremendous blessing to me, to everyone here now, and those who will come to this site in the future. I am so thankful for you, Seasha. I am not scolding you. Closing Daisycat's thread could not have been an easy decision. Moderators and administrators have difficult tasks. You did what you thought was best and I accept that because I accept you. This site would fail if good and capable people like you were not willing to make a considerable sacrifice of their time and effort to maintain it as you guys do. So thank you! I do so appreciate you, Seasha, and all the work you do.

Daisycat, there is a future for you and it is wonderful. I realize you cannot see it but that does not mean it isn't there. A few years ago I drove from Anchorage to Fairbanks past Denali. There were clouds that touched the ground on a totally gray and overcast day. I couldn't see Denali but I knew it was there, hidden by the clouds.

Daisycat, just because you can't see a superb future does not mean there isn't one... its just very cloudy, right now, that's all. It is there. Things are going to turn around for you and you are going to become so powerful in the light when daybreak comes, and daybreak is on the way this very moment. I believe in you, Daisycat. I believe in your future as better than you ever hoped or dreamed. Let's see if that is right!

I so appreciate you, Mamabug, and all of you other sweet believers who affect the world for good through prayer.

Seasha, I am beyond thankful for you and I could not be more sincere. You require the wisdom of Solomon for what you do and you do an amazing job. You hang in there, too! We need you!

Daisycat, I believe in you! Don't you ever forget that, girl!
    Last edited by Seasha; 09-03-2018, 09:28 PM. Reason: per poster's request

Comment

Was just checking to see if this was posted and had to reply since you were especially kind to me. And I’m sorry my thread was closed too. It was a way for me to vent and get out a small percentage of my pain but it has just made me realize how alone in life I really am. I don’t even belong with people who share my curse. .

I get it bothered some people, but everyone is different. People with terminal illnesses sometimes choose to fight even with no hope, some choose dr assisted suicide, and some take care of it themselves. (NOT saying this curse is terminal just trying to think of an example that has a very wide range of reactions and that is about as extreme as I can think of). .

Anyway... I know there were others who were kind and I thank all them too but since I saw this was up and you had posted I wanted to say thanks again. . .

Anyway I’ll stay away now since I don’t even have a place with people who share my curse. Might creep around from time to time to see how certain people are doing but I won’t bother anyone here with my posts.

Comment

Sorry that you also feel isolated on this board. I don't think that was anyone's intent.

If you do want to post please do. If it is just to vent and need people to commiserate with, and not looking for help, just tell people that. Plenty have done that. When a post is titled that infers looking for help, people will try and that may not be what you are looking for at that time.

I do wish you well and truly hope you can get to a point where you treat yourself with the same kind of niceness and compassion you would treat a good friend or loved one if they were diagnosed with MS. You deserve that.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

My two cents...

Back in the olden days of MSW, an emotionally-charged thread like Daisycat's was closed exceedingly fast. In my opinion, this site has actually grown in it's maturity over the years. I want to thank the mods for giving the leeway that they did, for as long as they did - despite some protest to close it from some members. As was previously posted, if you don't like a thread, don't read it! Just change the channel!

As for you, Daisycat, I think you are a strong contributor to this site. I sincerely hope that once you cool down and wrap your head around the fact that MS is not a death sentence, you will stick around. What bothers me about you, is that in the final analysis, what exactly did you want to hear? That MS sucks? We acknowledged that, BIG TIME. How did we fail you...exactly? Would you actually be happier if we said we all totally gave up on our lives after we were diagnosed with MS? That we just booked our flights to Switzerland at the first sign that our bodies were not perfect?? Just confused as heck! Why, Daisycat, are you so mad at us???

I have a personal email address on this site if you want to contact me privately. I am not judging you, but I am extremely curious about why you don't "like" us...
          Tawanda

Comment

"What I find funny is that I thought that of all people that people with this 'curse' would be able to at least slightly understand the utter hopelessness that comes with being depressed. I get being positive and hoping for the best and all that bs, but at the end of the day I have to be realistic."

I just want you to know that I feel you. I'm gripped up on my phone when I eat, worried that I'll choke to death. I'm only comfortable eating when other people are around so they can save me, for what I don't know. One thing out of many and I'm doing "well." Even though I try to "stay positive" nobody in their 30s should have to worry about choking on a carrot, especially if they were healthy, eating right, and working out. Nobody would dial this thing up on a phone. I'm sorry people dogpiled on and couldn't even respect your atheism (I too am an atheist). Much of what you wrote I could write I and thought about you yesterday when I felt like walking out to the gravel trail behind the house and laying down and giving up, with the exception of owning cats because cats are far inferior to dogs.

Comment

I hope, Daisycat, that you'll come back. Many of us were touched by your posts, as evidenced by the nunerous responses. We were also concerned about your despondence.

I hope you'll return.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I think that everyone has a right to react to the diagnosis as he sees fit. I don't think, though, that anyone has the right to set up members of this board for scolding, exclusion, or negative comparisons to others.

None of us is anyone else's trained puppy. In my opinion, if a question is asked on this board, every responder deserves the asker's respect and gratitude for taking the time out of their lives to assist. Every responder put effort in to answer the question you asked with accurate information, understanding, and care. No one was unkind. To say that you are grateful to the few who were kind is a kick in the gut to the many who were just as generous to you in sharing their time, experiences, knowledge, and understanding.

I know that you are mad at the world right about now. But I think that treating others as trained puppies that are expected to respond as you demand or else suffer insult and exclusion is wrong. Whether you think my previous responses were kind or unkind is irrelevant to how I feel about this.

I hope you stay on the board. But please treat all of those who responded to you with the kindness they have shown to you. We've all been where you are. Please join us instead of fighting us. ❤️

You've said that you don't understand how anyone can want this. Acceptance isn't about wanting something. Let me tell you, I was assigned a face I would never have chosen. No choice in the matter, though. There's a good reason I will never include a profile picture. 😃 It is what it is. There are so many things that we have no choice over. MS is just one of them.

Like I said before, you remind me of me. What I said above is what I would hope you would say to me if I had appeared ungrateful for all that board members had done for me.

I spent months running a thought through my head. "I don't want this!" I woke up thinking this, and it popped into my head without warning all day long. How it stopped, I don't remember. But it did stop, and that's acceptance. I still don't want MS, no more than I want the face I have. But it is what it is.

Stick around. People here are very nice and very helpful. And we "get it" more than you know. ❤️

Comment

Working...
                X