Shakiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shakiness

I have noticed that while I don't seem "shaky" in general, when I go to pick something up (a can, a phone, etc) my hands shake enough for me to really notice. Also, I know I've mentioned before about typing. I type pretty fast, but when I lift my fingers from the keyboard, they kind of keep going. Same on the printing calculator. Do others experience this? Remedies?
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

This sounds like intentional tremors, smalltowngirl. An article here from the NMSS explains it and what treatments there are in case it gets to be too troublesome for you. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...ymptoms/Tremor

I always get tremors when I stand after sitting for awhile, but it doesn't last long and not bad enough to do anything about it. I just have to stand stationary for awhile before I start to walk.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi smalltowngirl

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
      I type pretty fast, but when I lift my fingers from the keyboard, they kind of keep going. Same on the printing calculator. Do others experience this? Remedies?
      For me, it's using my computer mouse that can drive me crazy at times.

My fingers will keep clicking on the mouse (when I don't want them to) at the most inopportune times!

The only remedy is that I have to remove my hand from the mouse.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        This sounds like intentional tremors, smalltowngirl. An article here from the NMSS explains it and what treatments there are in case it gets to be too troublesome for you. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...ymptoms/Tremor

I always get tremors when I stand after sitting for awhile, but it doesn't last long and not bad enough to do anything about it. I just have to stand stationary for awhile before I start to walk.
        That sounds like EXACTLY what I'm dealing with. Thank you! I never know what actually warrants a call to my neuro, but I do think I'm going to contact them about this. At my daughter's gymnastics class, I saw people looking at me when I was holding my cell phone up to take a picture. Made me feel weird-- and I know that's on me, not them. Maybe neuro will suggest something to help with it.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."

Comment

KoKo,

Yes! It happens with the mouse too! It really is a crazy feeling!!

Comment

I type pretty fast, but when I lift my fingers from the keyboard, they kind of keep going. Same on the printing calculator.
            Originally posted by KoKo
            My fingers will keep clicking on the mouse (when I don't want them to) at the most inopportune times!
            Yes! It happens with the mouse too! It really is a crazy feeling!!
            These are the UNintentional tremors!

Take Care
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
            X