Clear All

A shout out to Marti

Hi Marti,
    Just wanted to see how you were doing.
    Tawanda

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
    Hi Marti,
    Just wanted to see how you were doing.

Thank you dear friend. It's been 7 weeks but it still feels like the first day. I have daily meltdowns... sometimes for no reason. Been told to expect this and that it is okay.

Having several health issues of my own which are not helping the healing process. Sam's doctor told me the most honest thing... he said I will miss him forever. He is trying to help me get the VA benefits that should be coming to me. It's been a fight because the doctor who signed the death certificate refuses to amend it to include one word that would allow the benefits process to begin. So I am running all over creation, on the phone all the time and talking to everyone who knows how this works. All of this is exhausting. But I understand it is a step at a time. And I realize I might not win this one. More frustration and anxiety. Exactly what I don't need!

Hope you are hanging in there and feeling better. Let me know.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

What word?

I remember the County VA rep telling me something about language on the death cert so my benefits would roll down to my wife but I can't remember what it was.

There is nothing wrong with having a meltdown once and again, especially during difficult times.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
        I remember the County VA rep telling me something about language on the death cert so my benefits would roll down to my wife but I can't remember what it was.

There is nothing wrong with having a meltdown once and again, especially during difficult times.

The One Word I need on Sam's certificate is DIABETES. Diabetes is a service related illness. There are several of them, so you have to be sure your records show your illnesses correctly and that your cod will list one of them. A "heart attack" will not be enough.
        Marti

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
          The One Word I need on Sam's certificate is DIABETES. Diabetes is a service related illness. There are several of them, so you have to be sure your records show your illnesses correctly and that your cod will list one of them. A "heart attack" will not be enough.
          So they have to reference the service connected disability as the cause. Thanks.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            So they have to reference the service connected disability as the cause. Thanks.
            Yes. Tell your wife to be alert for this if and when the time comes. Not sure how you can avoid it ahead of time. You never know who is going to sign a death certificate. This doctor never met Sam... never treated him....never spoke to him. A total stranger who did not want to do any extra work to find the real cause of death. Now it's a total mess for me. Ask your VA doctor what they know about this issue.
            Marti

Comment

Working...
            X