Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody wake up truly refreshed in the morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody wake up truly refreshed in the morning?

I can honestly say that since M.S., I have yet wake up in the morning feeling truly refreshed. I have tried natural supplements, unnatural supplements (Klonopin), exercise, yoga, sleeping with the tv on, sleeping with the tv off, going to bed early and getting up early, staying up late and getting up late, taking a nap during the day-not taking a nap during the day, etc., etc. I get even more than 8 hours of sleep and I never start my day rejuvenated. Getting up stinks, but I am not going to lie in bed, either!

Does anyone at least have a morning routine that improves the start of their day even if not completely rested? This is the worst part of my MS. Moving past the fatigue towards a decent quality of life. There is provigel but only for special occasions or I worry what little it does do for me will wear off!
    Tawanda

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
    Does anyone at least have a morning routine that improves the start of their day even if not completely rested?
    Well, I have had the same routine since before I ever knew I had MS and I continue this same routine to this day.

As soon as my feet hit the floor I head for the shower. My day is just messed up if I don't have my shower first thing in the morning, a shower doesn't help if I take it later. I do this even when I am sick. When I have in/out patient surgery my first questions is "when can I take a shower."
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Sorry to report that I am totally exhausted morning, noon and night. No matter what I try before bedtime I am always tired and wrung out. I've done everything you have and maybe more. I could have written your post.

I know my problems are at least in part anxiety driven. But no matter what I try, nothing works... ever! And I've been at this for 18 years now. It's like dizziness.... no one seems to have any suggestions that will work for everyone.

Wish I could be more positive for your sake. But hey, things can change, right?
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
        As soon as my feet hit the floor I head for the shower.
        I head for the coffee! No one even talk to me before that cup!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I do depending on what I took for anxiety the night before. I’m close to getting my rotation down (so I don’t build up a tolerance). That and a grande with an extra shot from Starbucks... now if you ask my how I feel after I get home from work it’s a different story.

Comment

I am new to this but sense April I have woken up feeling like i had a good nights sleep once, it was after a friend of mine gave me a cookie or an etable. i never touched the stuff until that day and never thought i wpuld but i sure did feel good in the morning. Still unsure how i feel about it.

Comment

Rarely...but I get up anyway and like many others ain't worth talking too until I've had my kauphy (phonetically correct BTW). My daily goal is to go to bed tired. It helps with the restless nights I used to have. I notice that when I get lethargic, I have trouble sleeping. When I run my self into the ground physically, I sleep hard. Once in a blue moon I'll take a 25mg Xanax before bed time and I can tell the difference in the morning.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                Rarely... Once in a blue moon I'll take a 25mg Xanax before bed time and I can tell the difference in the morning.
                When you say you "can tell the difference", can you explain? Klonopin is great to slow down my body so I can trail off to sleep, but waking up us a different story. I feel yucky, but not sure if the "yucky" has to do with the Klonopin or the M.S. I lose either way it seems. I have never tried Xanax, but maybe it is similar? Sometimes the Klonopin just seems like a necessary evil.
                Tawanda

Comment

Witching hours

I seem 2 wake up at 3 am almost every morning... sometimes to use the bathroom and sometimes I have no idea why... perhaps my witching hour lol I fall asleep shortly afterwards (45 mins. To an hour) but I don’t sleep through the night until morning very often anymore.

Little frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                    When you say you "can tell the difference", can you explain? Klonopin is great to slow down my body so I can trail off to sleep, but waking up us a different story. I feel yucky, but not sure if the "yucky" has to do with the Klonopin or the M.S. I lose either way it seems. I have never tried Xanax, but maybe it is similar? Sometimes the Klonopin just seems like a necessary evil.

Xanax works great for my panic attacks. Really smooths me out, but just for a short time. It does very little for sleep. Klonopin is my med for sleep, although depending on what time I take it, I don't get a full night's sleep.
                    Marti

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
                      I seem 2 wake up at 3 am almost every morning... sometimes to use the bathroom and sometimes I have no idea why... perhaps my witching hour lol I fall asleep shortly afterwards (45 mins. To an hour) but I don’t sleep through the night until morning very often anymore.

Little frustrating.

I've been waking up around 4 a.m. with terrible gas and tummy issues. Some nights I have to go to the bathroom (bm) which is kind of strange during the night. I wake up with all kinds of pain and upset. I do have Gastritis and IBS so that probably explains some of it. Most of the time it feels like a heart attack, but this has been going on for months and months so I guess it's not that.
                      Marti

Comment

I wake up tired

I can't sleep very well and wake many times during the night. I wake up very early and can't go back to sleep and so I am tired when I get up. It gets worse as the day goes on. I just feel YUK all day too. There are different degrees of bad but never, ever a good day. It really seems hopeless. The doctors can't help my dizziness. Sleep aids are only for short term use. My other symptoms don't have any medical relief so I just do the best I can to cope. Sometimes I feel like laying on the floor and kicking my hands and feet in a real tantrum!!

Comment

It’s a real struggle for me to wake up in the mornings for work. I literally have to push myself to get up even though every bit of me wants to stay in the bed and fall back to sleep. All I can say is a shower, coffee coffee and more coffee! It’s still a struggle though.

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
                          ― Helen Keller

Comment

Hi,
                            I have been sleeping quite well for the last few years.
                            I take some diazepam and some antihistamine. These aren't normally taken at the same time, but an elderly doc suggested this several years ago after i had tried everything else. I only take a half tablet of each regularly and occasionally increase if i've had a big day and know that i may have trouble with pain etc.

If i take one without the other it doesn't seem to work.
                            More diazepam - have trouble falling asleep and feel drugged and hungover the next day.
                            More antihistamine(Polaramine) - knocks me out but i wake up about 3 hrs later with twitching legs and anxious and can't get back to sleep.

before i began this regime i had gone years without sleeping well at all .A combination of spasticity
                            and anxiety probably.
                            i would wake 2 hrs after going to bed completely alert and unable to go back to sleep then spent the days in pain and exhausted and extremely irritable.

As long as i stick to my regime and allow for a good 8-9 hrs sleep time i seem more agreeable, have much less pain and am less fatigued during the day. Though some times i do rest or snooze.
                            I even dream again now. I remember reading that we mostly dream during REM sleep. This usually occurs about about 2/3s of the way through the night. I believe i had gone many years without achieving REM sleep.

If i get up and don't dawdle around achieving nothing and get moving straight away i feel quite good especially if i can get outside.
                            If i have multiple cuppas and leisurely eat brekky etc i find it hard to get up any enthusiasm for the day.
                            Hope this helps.
                            Caroline.

Comment

Working...
                            X