What else could it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else could it be?

So since I am deciding that I do not have MS.... because I am just not going to live with this disease does anyone have any things that I can add to my list of what tests I need to ask for? I know everyone here has great advice , but I am sorry a disease where 50% or more of people are semi disabled within 10-15 years of diagnosis is pretty much a death sentence. So I need to figure out something else that caused my problems so I can stop injecting myself with poison and have a reason to want to live again.

And don't say "talk to someone" or "you will have to accept it" or anything similar. I WILL find out another cause. Nothing in medicine is 100% and I am determined to be the 1% exception.

Here is something from the National MS Society that lists other conditions that are usually ruled out before one has a dx of MS https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...ns-to-Rule-Out Have you had your Vit D levels checked out through a blood test?

Here is another article https://www.everydayhealth.com/multi...ple-sclerosis/

And this https://msfocusmagazine.org/Magazine...-That-Mimic-MS

All articles are pretty much similar in nature. Sometimes disk problems in the spine can cause some MS symptoms like "pins and needles" sensations and numbness.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I wish you good luck and hope you are the 1%.

FYI - the stats are old on disability. The newer meds haven't been out long enough to update.

I have been diagnosed 12 years, but have had it at least 26, if not 38. I am 55, walk 3 miles a day and am now at an 18 minute Mike pace. I am not using any assistive devices and worked hard at PT for balance and gait. Yes, I have some invisible symptoms and had some cognitive issues that forced me to stop working. But I also had 2 concussions, so who knows exact cause. Noone would guess I have anything wrong. I know I am fortunate.

But unlike you, I wish I had been diagnosed early and been given the chance to "inject poison", as I may not have lingering symptoms from early flares.

As an FYI, your posts insinuate that all of us who have fought hard to live a good life are living a meaningless life. It may not be your intent, but to me, it is your message, loud and clear. I feel sorry for you that you feel disabled people can't contribute to society. You surely haven't paid attention to the genius of a Stephen Hawking, the intelligence and insight of Helen Keller, and the sheer bravery of our many service members injured protecting us. None of these people gave up on life.

Again, good luck.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

For me a life being disabled is one not worth living. Everything I love would be taken from me. My job is my life and up until a year ago I loved working out and going places with friends. Now I don’t see the point in it. I know if I have this curse it’ll be taken away one day. Thank you for the lists of stuff. If I start dr google it ends up in a dark place. I have not had any of my vitamin levels checked. I asked for a b12 and d when I was first told I had this but the dr said I didn’t need it.

Comment

Working...
        X