How long to become unstable off meds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to become unstable off meds?

I'm sure there's no real good answer for my question, but looking for reassurance at the moment...… How long does it take become unstable of MS medications? I guess I'm worried about having a relapse...….. situation is: I'm changing from Copaxone back to Tecfidera.

I haven't done a Copaxone shot since last Wednesday … I have the Tec in hand but I still need to get blood work before starting...….the doctor's office kinda messed up on this one. It's generally a good idea to have bloodwork before the Tec but they kinda thought of that after the fact.....well, after I called them and asked them about it.

So right now, I don't even have the script for the bloodwork in hand yet. It's "in the mail" --- What if it goes two weeks between medication? Will I probably remain stable?

Originally posted by VikingKitty View Post
    I'm sure there's no real good answer for my question, but looking for reassurance at the moment...… How long does it take become unstable of MS medications? I guess I'm worried about having a relapse...….. situation is: I'm changing from Copaxone back to Tecfidera.

I haven't done a Copaxone shot since last Wednesday … I have the Tec in hand but I still need to get blood work before starting...….the doctor's office kinda messed up on this one. It's generally a good idea to have bloodwork before the Tec but they kinda thought of that after the fact.....well, after I called them and asked them about it.

So right now, I don't even have the script for the bloodwork in hand yet. It's "in the mail" --- What if it goes two weeks between medication? Will I probably remain stable?
    I've been relatively stable since diagnosis in 2001 without a DMD. We are all different...
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Off Meds 10 months

I stopped taking Aubagio 10 months ago. I am doing fine. As a matter of fact my family and my therapist say I am doing better than ever. I am still nervous about quitting and hope I won't regret it but for now, I am doing better.

Comment

I think the drugs stay in the system for a few months. I know that when it comes to Avonex anyway, it stays in the system for three months after you stop it. I wouldn't worry.

Comment

I stopped Plegridy in May and didn’t start Ocrevus until 6 weeks later, did ok in the gap.

Comment

Working...
          X