Tell me about Aricept?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about Aricept?

Was wandering around the internet and found a few things about Alzheimer's meds helping with cognitive problems in MS. There were a few things here, but mostly seemed to be archived and several years old.

If Aricept (donepezil) was eventually proven to not help, what else might help my memory and general cognitive state?

I also read about an acetylcholine supplement I'd like to try... I'm open to thoughts and suggestions, though.

The only things I can find show that it doesn't help at all. My neuro says that more recent work shows that it may help. Until I see it, I'm not taking it. The fewer men's for me the better.

Comment

I have personally been underwhelmed by the available dementia medications and pray they come up with more efficacious offerings soon.

In general I'm very skeptical of things that are supplements or medical foods but this caught my attention. The presentation I saw was a marketing thing so there's that. I have had no time to actually investigate but the low-dose lithium theory is interesting to me and the components seem fairly benign. Your thoughts?

http://lumaforlife.com/
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Working...
      X