Anxiety again, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety again, again.

Well my recovery is going so well I'm I fell like %95 back to myself. But I've got so much to look fwd (new girlfriend- still got to disclose, new apartment, school diploma in a few years) but always thoughts of one day I won't be able to do the things I like anymore. Been relapse free since dx in sept/oct. 2017. Started tecfidera in November with absolutely 0 side effects, but still the anxiety knaws at me again again. I'm gonna talk to my Pychiatrist tomorrow about my anxieties, and talk with my neuro on June 12, but growing impatient as to wether the MRI will show no active lesions and wether tecfidera is working or not.

meanwhile I'm keeping busy, eating right, exercise regularly and try to remain calm. I know I'm relatively fresh off dx and I've handled the anxiety ok the last few months but it still the unknown disturbs me I'm so unsettled still. Maybe one day after years being relapse free I'll come to terms with this BS.

just venting a little, I always come here and chat room for some help and it always mAkes me feel a lil' better.

Single

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
    Well my recovery is going so well I'm I fell like %95 back to myself. But I've got so much to look fwd (new girlfriend- still got to disclose, new apartment, school diploma in a few years) but always thoughts of one day I won't be able to do the things I like anymore. Been relapse free since dx in sept/oct. 2017. Started tecfidera in November with absolutely 0 side effects, but still the anxiety knaws at me again again. I'm gonna talk to my Pychiatrist tomorrow about my anxieties, and talk with my neuro on June 12, but growing impatient as to wether the MRI will show no active lesions and wether tecfidera is working or not.

meanwhile I'm keeping busy, eating right, exercise regularly and try to remain calm. I know I'm relatively fresh off dx and I've handled the anxiety ok the last few months but it still the unknown disturbs me I'm so unsettled still. Maybe one day after years being relapse free I'll come to terms with this BS.

just venting a little, I always come here and chat room for some help and it always mAkes me feel a lil' better.
    when I say "new girlfriend" that is not %100, just seeing someone and they don't know I have ms, I have 0 sx showing an few that I deal with (face tingly once in a while, numbish
    fingertips).

The fact that im gonna be alone adds me even more anxiety.

Comment

I'm confused because not 12 hours prior you posted the quote below. Daily blips in mood and or anxiety unless to the point of feeling hopeless or suicidal shouldn't be alarming. It is natural to have a range of emotions.

Thanks, I'm doing Fantastic and feeling great, almost my original pre-dx, but the longer I can stay this way the easier it will be to deal with anxiety, I'm sure

i am working on a career chg (years in the marking) not only because of MS, but I've grown sick of physical labor and I don't want to do that for the rest of my life. MS just pushed me on that track sooner, prob would never went back 2 school if I didn't get my dx. So in a way it was a positive thing (my dx) just still battling thoughts of future disability. Those thoughts should subside and like to talk to my neuro about such things too.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Mood swings

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        I'm confused because not 12 hours prior you posted the quote below. Daily blips in mood and or anxiety unless to the point of feeling hopeless or suicidal shouldn't be alarming. It is natural to have a range of emotions.
        ok wat I am feeling is normal, no need to be so anxious. Mood is wavering back and forth a lot.

thx

Comment

I think most everyone would benefit from therapy and from your posts would bet you'd not only really enjoy it but also learn new strategies to deal with all that MS brings.

There are coping skills you can develop through CBT, DBT, guided imagery, meditation and even the most simplistic but very effective breathing exercises to aid with anxiety. If you already have a psychiatrist maybe ask him about a good local therapist.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

... I'm gonna talk to my Pychiatrist tomorrow about my anxieties, and talk with my neuro on June 12, but growing impatient as to wether the MRI will show no active lesions and wether tecfidera is working or not.

meanwhile I'm keeping busy, eating right, exercise regularly and try to remain calm. I know I'm relatively fresh off dx and I've handled the anxiety ok the last few months ...
            It sounds like a lot of things are going your way, and you are doing a lot of things right. However, Jules is correct about a number of things. Some changes in mood and emotions are normal. Some anxiety is normal. And therapy can be useful for teaching coping skills.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

In addition to its physical symptoms, MS may have profound emotional consequences. At first, it may be difficult to adjust to the diagnosis of a disorder that is unpredictable, has a fluctuating course, and carries a risk of progressing over time to some level of physical disability. Lack of knowledge about the disease adds to the anxieties commonly experienced by people who are newly diagnosed. In addition to these emotional reactions to the disease, demyelination and damage to nerve fibers in the brain can also result in emotional changes. Some of the medications used in MS — such as corticosteroids — can also have significant effects on the emotions.

In the face of MS, people may tend to focus primarily on their physical health and neglect their emotional health—which is an essential component of overall health and wellness.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...tional-Changes

Comment

If you google "the relaxation response" or "how to trigger the parasympathetic pathway", you will find breath techniques that you can use anytime and anywhere to calm yourself in a matter of seconds. Learn these tools and you have them for the rest of your life. They make a HUGE difference. I would try them before resorting to meds.

I relate to the unknown future and try to plan but realize that there are many hazards out there that all folks face. Knowing that MS can bring brain changes that trigger anxiety and depression at least makes you know you´re not going off the deep end. The meditation is literally decreasing inflammation in your brain and that´s a wonderful outcome. If you´ve always been a worrier, try to think back on some of your biggest worries that never came to pass and let that keep things in perspective. Yes, you had a whopper of an exacerbation and it could happen again BUT you came through it.

Comment

Working...
                X