Brain mri cause pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain mri cause pain?

Hi,every time I get a brain m.r.i I’m getting a headache afterwards the next day,is it just me or all in my head?darn I hate ms. Your comment is appreciated thanks.Dave

Hi Carlyle.

There isn't any reason a brain MRI would cause a headache a day later.

I used to get a headache during a MRI which was due to noise. If I listened to music during the MRI I would get a headache, if I used the ear plugs without music I didn't get a headache during the MRI.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Just a thought:

Do you get Gadolinium (contrast/dye) with your MRI? Do you drink a lot of water after your MRI to flush out the Gadolinium? A side effect of Gadolinium is a headache.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I've had multiple mri's both with and without contrast and no headache.
        Always with ear plugs not music, it's loud but I manage thru it.

Comment

I've had 10 MRI's. Usually with contrast, I think. Usually with music; sometimes without. I've never had a headache.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I had an MRI once at a different location than where I usually get them. I had a massive headache afterward. I think it was because the neck support was a very different shape and my neck discomfort caused a headache on one side of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by sarabeach123 View Post
              I had an MRI once at a different location than where I usually get them. I had a massive headache afterward. I think it was because the neck support was a very different shape and my neck discomfort caused a headache on one side of my head.
              Hmmm, interesting. I've had MRIs at 6 different locations. (A portable MRI in a trailer, Local clinic, local hospital, bigger hospital, KU med center, Mayo clinic). I never had that problem.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                Hmmm, interesting. I've had MRIs at 6 different locations. (A portable MRI in a trailer, Local clinic, local hospital, bigger hospital, KU med center, Mayo clinic). I never had that problem.
                I get headaches often because of the tension on one side of my neck, so it was no surprise for me

Comment

Working...
                X