Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!

we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.

we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.

We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and wonít be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

Cycling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycling?

I havenít been here in quite some time. Iíve been busy getting weak and fatigued and I HATE it!
    I was an endurance bike rider as well as a time trialist and tourer on a bike. Lack of balance prevents me from riding even with a newer bike with shifting gears on the brake levers. Not only that, on my first ride on the bike a heard the cog (rear gear sprocket ) slipping. When I glanced down it wasnít the cog slipping, it was my left ankle hitting the crank arm!
    Iím 100% sure I could whip myself up into some sort of better shape if I could afford a trike with the pedals out in front of me. Iíll never see a resting pulse rate in the 40ís again but a trike would solve the balance problem and having my feet in my field of view would likely help prevent bruised ankles.
    My question is, is there a program that would help me get a trike under me so I can get back some of the fitness I once had?
    Any good suggestions would be appreciated from deep in my heart.
    Thanx,
    Peddler (Jack)

Welcome back, Jack. I didn't notice your post until today. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

MS World had a Resource Center. You can scroll through all of our resources and see if you can find something. https://msworld.org/resource-center/

My suggestions:

1. MSAA (Multiple Sclerosis Association of America).
    https://mymsaa.org/
    2. MS News and Views used to have a social worker that was available to help find MS resources. I think they still do because I see a phone number listed on their website.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
    X