Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange question - numb all over?

Hello All –

This may seem strange, but lately, I’ve been feeling “numb all over” at times. Like right now, my face, scalp, arms…..all over is feeling slightly numb.. my feet have been more numb than usual at times also. At times, it makes me feel a bit disoriented and like I could just “stop functioning”.

It’s kind of freaking me out while at the same time I’m trying to ignore it. I don’t think I’m having a flare up or even a pseudoflare……….just weird occasional all over numbness. I do have lesions in my cervical spinal cord along with arthritis and other problems with vertebrae in my cervical spine area.

Any thoughts? Anyone else get all over numbness?

Yes! And I'm sure you are aware of the definition that in order for it to be a flare-up, the symptoms must last at least 24 hours...HOWEVER! please learn something from my mistakes...

I had lots of symptoms like you, numbness on and off and a general feeling of that something just isn't right for months. I was also dealing with other health issues (and family health issues) at the time, like anemia, which gives similar symptoms. One day I just couldn't take it anymore so I finally called my neuro...

And guess what?! I had a new lesion, even though I had just had an MRI less than five months earlier.

And the worst part? The lesion didn't "light up" so the doctor believed it was old, so too bad, so sad, no treatment. My only medical advice was to take some time off any relax. (to be fair, the neuro said we could try steroids, but it probably wouldn't help - so not much of a choice!).

So please learn from me and even if you feel silly about it, go get it checked out. Ask for MRIs, even if has only been a couple of months. When you have very mild symptoms like that, it is hard for the neuro to see that during the standard exam, although there may very well be disease activity.

Good luck to you and all the best!

Comment

Working...
    X