Symptom question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symptom question

Hi, I'm 54, female, and I have one Dr that says I have MS and another that says it's not. I am positive for FM. I have had different things happen that make me think it's MS, but not enough to make me request new testing. Here are a cpl of symptoms, I have lost feelings in my legs, completely. I have gone to get up from a chair and discovered I have no legs. Then seconds later, they have returned. I have my eyesight go wonky for days on end, then it clears up. I have little to no heat tolerance, I love cooler weather, I doesn't hurt as much. I have 10 lesions on my brain (about 7 years ago) I did not have optic neuritis (5 years ago and as far as I know I still don't ) and I had nothing showing in my spinal fluid. Up till about 10 years ago, I had the electric pain in the neck when I moved the wrong way, I haven't had it for a while.

Finally, here is my thing... on Wednesday evening, I ended up not being able to walk. The pain in my leg was excruciating. I needed to use my sticks and not put any weight on it. I was like that wed night, Thursday, Fri, and Saturday. Last night, it hurt just as much as it did the previous nights. This morning I wake up and it's gone. As quickly as it came, it left. Has anybody else experienced this? I know we can't compare, and someone else experiencing it is not proof I have MS. As well, has anybody else have body parts disappear for seconds rather than days. THank you in advance for any and all responses.
    Life is a daring bold adventure, or it's nothing at all.
    Helen Keller

Sorry you are experiencing this. Have you ever had a spinal MRI to look for lesions and/or structural issues? Have you had any bloodwork that would rule out MS mimic diseases or vitamin deficiencies?

I have never had short, intermittent symptoms. I have had heat and fatigue related intermittent symptoms that go away or reduce in intensity once I cool down or rest.

Hope your symptoms stay away. Good luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank you for your response. I have had xrays of my spine, but no MRI, and tests to rule out other auto immune diseases. All to give a positive dx for FM. I think I will go see dr and gave a chat with her. Thank you
      Life is a daring bold adventure, or it's nothing at all.
      Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
      X