Ah ha! Codeine actually helps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah ha! Codeine actually helps...

Australia made any pain killer containing Codiene prescription only. Fair enough. I have a script. Pharmacist has had no Codiene for a month.
    During this time, I’ve had “unpleasant” bladder problems - pants peed, a lot. Urrggh.
    Today, my Mum found an old packet of Panadiene (8mgs of Codiene), took a dose, and strangely enough it’s pulled my bladder back into gear. It works. Why can’t I have it?

Interesting, I've never heard that before. Unfortunately just because something works doesn't mean its an effective, safe or effective long term for example benzodiazepines and opiates.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Sorry for your bladder problems.

Did they check and make sure you don't have a UTI?

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
        Sorry for your bladder problems.

Did they check and make sure you don't have a UTI?
        Yep. It’s more from intense pain in my shoulders after a fall months ago - and the need to use a wheelie-walker, and the sad fact that the lavatory is a long way away. It’s not a good combination.
        It hurts, and with Codiene it hurts a lot less. I know, Jules and you’re right, but I’m not using it for fun, and frankly addiction is the least of my worries.

Also no regular PT available - long waiting lists - three week wait.
        While I’m still on the fascinating topic of me, 🤩, ear was totally blocked with wax, which has stuffed up what little balance I had left.
        Went to Doctor, had wax blasted out with water; big improvement.
        Got my script altered - the smallest amount of Codiene you can get is now 12.5mgs, instead of eight. How this helps the opioid crisis, I don’t know.

Comment

This actually makes a lot of sense. Narcotics slow things down in that area so if you are constantly going, it would help.

I have the opposite problem. Pee won’t come out. When I first saw the uro, he blamed my urinary retention on codeine.

But I believe these drugs have a lot of surprise uses. For years was suffering intractable asthma. My,lungs would get so tight I couldn’t get air in or out. Then, just on a hunch I asked my doc if could try some cough surup. I took a teaspoon before bedtime and in about 3 minutes I was able to breathe deeply into my lungs. The classic nonsense about this would be to conclude that the asthma was “just anxiety”. But they would give me injections of Ativan at the ER and it didn’t help.

Now, Think, as you know recently in the US, the president declared the opioid epidemic a national emergency. So I think the Drug Enforcement Agency is going purge the country of anything made from the opium poppy or its laboratory equivalent. It won’t be long. Doctors already are no longer able to practice their profession.

How did I get on that long tangent? We need to legalize narcotics and prohibit alcohol.

Comment

Working...
          X