Port Surgery Tomorrow - little nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port Surgery Tomorrow - little nervous

I have my port surgery scheduled tomorrow, bright and early. I am a little nervous, which is so odd. It is not a big procedure. Whole thing takes an hour, out patient. I am not normally an anxious person. So glad it is early. Get it over with.

I have my next Tysabri infusion Wednesday. It may be too soon to use it, depends on how it is healing. Hoping they can. Might as well get the benefit! If not, next time.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Best of luck to you tomorrow. I can imagine I’d be nervous too, if for no other reason than “something new.”
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      I have my port surgery scheduled tomorrow, bright and early. I am a little nervous, which is so odd. It is not a big procedure. Whole thing takes an hour, out patient. I am not normally an anxious person. So glad it is early. Get it over with.

I have my next Tysabri infusion Wednesday. It may be too soon to use it, depends on how it is healing. Hoping they can. Might as well get the benefit! If not, next time.
      Good luck Kathy and hopefully you can relax.

I've always been an anxious type for any procedure, and have to practice relaxation techniques.

Let us know how it goes.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Big deep relaxing breaths, Kathy - deep breaths in...., deep breaths out..... Repeat when necessary.

Let us know how it goes and good luck!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Here's to smooth sailing.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Good luck Kathy, nothing to be worried about, they used mine right away

Shoo
            Shoo

Comment

Thanks everyone. Already back home. No issues and just minor achy feeling there, no real pain. They did say it can be accessed Wednesday - yeah!

I woke up calm this morning. Not sure why I was so nervous yesterday. I guess because I have been fortunate and never had surgery and have only been under for a colonoscopy.

Appreciate all of you! Nap time!
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for the update, great to hear it went well! I think its expected to get nervous. I sure do any time myself or family, including my critters has surgery even if its only considered minor.
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                X