Trying to obtain life insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
    For the majority of folks, it is not the MS, but the diseases that cone with a more sedentary life, like cardiovascular disease, type II diabetes, etc.!
    Yup. Pneumonia was the final nail in Mom's coffin, my SIL's heart gave out after years of being confined to her bed because of MS and tremendous weight gain/sedentary life (MS's choice, not her's). I have also heard that MSers are so used to living with discomfort that symptoms from a new disease may be swept under the rug (chalking up new symptoms to old MS!).

I guess no matter how you slice it, the insurance companies aren't taking any chances with those of us diagnosed with MS...at least for now. I just hope it won't get to the point where my daughter has to divulge any of her family history, which includes her mother's and her grandmother's M.S. if she chooses to get life insurance, long term disability insurance, etc.

I am 45 minutes away from Hartford, CT, the insurance capital of the US. That city wasn't built on sick people.
    Tawanda

Comment

Working...
    X