Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigeminal Neuralgia

Hi everyone.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has TN and how you have dealt with the pain.

I was dx'd with MS in 2011 although probably had it much longer. A couple of days ago I started feeling like the right side of my bottom teeth were sensitive because of the whitening toothpaste I was using. I didn't think much of it until the next day I had this stabbing ridiculous shocking pain in my one lower tooth. I called the dentist right away for an appointment. He took an X-ray and said I had a small cavity forming at the root so he filled it. Well, after the novacaine wore off, the pain was still there. It comes in waves at different intensities never knowing when the next electrical shock will come.
    I did a lot of research last night and came across TN which describes it to a tee. I have an appointment today with my neuro and hopefully he will figure this out so I can get medicine to stop this incredible pain.

Does anyone here have experience with this horrible disease as if MS wasn't enough.

Thank you
    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Yeah, that's a pain I can do without. Thankfully mine lasted about 2.5 months and then went away. I just played through the pain as nothing I took touched it. My Neuro prescribed Lyrica but I was scared to take it.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

I get a lot of mouth pain including the stinging pain in my teeth. I do have dry mouth which accounts for some of it. But I also get the cheek pain and the ice pick in my temples and my jaw.

I have a mild case of TN. It has only gotten slightly worse over the years. I hope you can find a treatment.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

YES, YES, YES. Lots of Trileptal, Gabapentin, and prayer.

Comment

Me too

Hi have you had any relief? I was just recently diagnosed with TN

QUOTE=alliesmommy;1507802]Hi everyone.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has TN and how you have dealt with the pain.

I was dx'd with MS in 2011 although probably had it much longer. A couple of days ago I started feeling like the right side of my bottom teeth were sensitive because of the whitening toothpaste I was using. I didn't think much of it until the next day I had this stabbing ridiculous shocking pain in my one lower tooth. I called the dentist right away for an appointment. He took an X-ray and said I had a small cavity forming at the root so he filled it. Well, after the novacaine wore off, the pain was still there. It comes in waves at different intensities never knowing when the next electrical shock will come.
          I did a lot of research last night and came across TN which describes it to a tee. I have an appointment today with my neuro and hopefully he will figure this out so I can get medicine to stop this incredible pain.

Does anyone here have experience with this horrible disease as if MS wasn't enough.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Comment

Another question on this topic. Do any of you get a pain across your eyebrows that you can feel if you touch them? I suspect this is sinus stuff or allergies, but it's new so I was wondering. Thanks.
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

TN

Originally posted by Brad1138 View Post
              YES, YES, YES. Lots of Trileptal, Gabapentin, and prayer.
              Yes! Yes I get it on both sides. It comes and goes. I take gabapentin and tramadol. It does not even touch it. I just sit through it. Hugs and prayers to you!

Comment

TN

Yes! I get it on both sides. And it is intermittent. I take gabapentin, tramadol and Excedrin, which does not help. I just sit through it. Hugs and prayers to you .

Comment

Working...
                X