Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can this be happening

Today is unbelievable.
    In December I went to ENT for what I thought was BPPV.
    Had ENG results abnormal caloric.
    Had MRI Mon
    Went to ENT today for results.
    I have an acoustic neuroma in left ear.
    I have chiari malformation.
    I have a tumor or growth in my left frontoparietal love.
    And T2fkair hyperintensity left frontoparietal love white matter.
    How can all this be happening?
    I have an appointment with neurologist in 2 weeks.
    I now have an appointment with neurosurgeon in 3 weeks.
    But no idea what to do.
    Ent said it out of his scope.
    Oh I also now have 40 percent hearing loss in left ear and 30percent in right ear.
    I have constant head pressure , blocked ears, dizziness, fog brain etc..
    24/7.
    Is it normal to have all.of this and have to wait so long for some relief of symptoms?
    I called my PCP to ask for Ativan.
    Because I took one for my MRI ( I'm very claustrophobic) and it seemed to help my symptoms.
    Any advice?
    I will try just about anything for some relief.
    I currently take no meds. Except Zyrtec for allergies.
    I think I'm still in shock.

I'm sure you are in shock and I am so sorry you are going through this. Try to take one small piece of information at a time and accept the love and support that your family and or friends can offer as you embark on the challenges ahead. Please keep us posted.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Wow! That is a lot to take in all at once, however, try not to jump to any conclusions. In most cases these things are more unusual to our regular doctors than with the surgeon, who sees these things regularly and who would know more about the treatment, recovery, etc.

I have some unusual things (cyst) in my brain, some of which caused symptoms at some point and resolved. (yeah!) Neurosurgeon was not overly impressed or concerned and I have adjusted.

So try not to jump ahead, taking things in slowly and patiently waiting for all the information will be very helpful. In the meantime, please get something for symptom management as soon as possible, so that you are comfortable. Im glad that you reached out to your doctor. I will be praying for your peace and healing.

Comment

That is alot to absorb in one shot. I have no insight. The only thing I can suggest is to ask to be put on the cancel list, so possibly get in sooner to see your docs.

I hope you find some relief soon.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. Please take Tia's suggestion to step back bit and try not to jump to conclusions before you have all the facts. I know it's hard hearing about all these scary things happening all at once. We, as humans, tend to fear the worst. Taking an anti-anxiety med will help and hope it works well for you while you wait.

I am thinking of you and sending good energy and prayers your way. And please keep us informed.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for responding

I think I'm going to pretend I don't know the results of the MRI.
            Until I see the neurologist and neurosurgeon and see what options I have
            I did reach out to my PCP for help with symptoms need management.
            Unfortunately he won't see me till Monday afternoon.
            So ibuprofen it is.
            Thanks again
            Julie

Comment

Working...
            X