copay assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copay assistance

I need i'm trying to locating copay assistance for DME My Dr. prescribed and advanced power-chair my copay would be around $5.000 i'm on disability and will have trouble paying it

Hi mdot914 and welcome!

This link will be helpful for you- https://msfocus.org/Get-Help/MSF-Pro...nology-Program

And this - https://www.acl.gov/node/411

Good luck!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

MDOT914

MDOT914, these drugs are so expensive that just about everybody needs assistance.

If you are not on Medicare but have private insurance you should call the drug companies patient outreach service. They all have one and you will probably find they will assist you so that your co pay could be zero.

If you do not have any insurance call the drug company directly and if your income qualifies ( usually 3 to 5 times the poverty level they will in most cases give you free meds

If you are on Medicare it’s kind of a mess but not impossible to get help. Right now the IRS is investigating whether the chronic disease fund should be able to keep its tax exempt status because most of the drug companies contributed to this fund and allegedly received a tax deduction for their charity but in fact got most if not all the money back from Medicare/and the part “D” insurance company so until this issue is resolved none of the drug companies are helping out with the very expensive co pays.

Their are private foundations that do help out. Check out and register with all of them. You might find that it is closed to MS but open to other diseases. Check them every single day because they do try to help and when funds become available they will open it again to MS but trust me it won’t stay open long so again check every day.

Go to www.needymeds.org for a list of private funds.

We all hope this IRS thing will be resolved soon.

Note to moderators, there should be a concerted effort of all Medicare patients whatever the disease to contact our elected representatives in Washington to do something about this situation. These meds are just to expensive.

If you have any questions dot fell free to ask

Good luck

Bob

Comment

Hi Robert - If I understand correc tly, Mdot is in inquiring about DME (Durable Medical Equipment) assistance and not DMT (Drug modifying treatment) assistance.

But thank you for your suggestions anyway. And you're right about the cost of drugs!
        Perhaps you meant to reply to another post?

Comment

Oh

Sorry about that. I did think she was talking about meds.

Try not to get old.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by robert152 View Post
            Sorry about that. I did think she was talking about meds.

Try not to get old.

Bob
            No problem Bob - I'm old too

Comment

Working...
            X