silver sneakers and free gym membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

silver sneakers and free gym membership

Today I learned that my gym takes medicare insurance that covers silver sneakers and gives free memberships under that umbrella. Question- anyone on medicare UNDER the age of 65 who is using a silver sneaker benefit for gym membership? Anyone getting SSDI and NOT YET getting medicare with this benefit?

Silver sneakers is a nationwide term for programs for seniors for exercise.

I used that for a while. Problem was that I wanted a gym with a pool for 'water exercises' and the closest one was over 30 minutes away (on the interstate). That gym has since shutdown, but I didn't use it often simply because of the long drive.

There is a gym that accepts silver sneakers which is 20 miles away (everything is at least 20 miles away for me ) but it doesn't offer a pool. I know, picky picky, but I can do more and with better results in water .

A great benefit. Worth looking into. If I didn't live in the middle of 'nowhere' I may be more inclined to get into it again. Maybe.

Comment

I am on SSDI/Medicare and under the age of 65 and have the Silver Sneakers benefit but not using it.
      If your question is beyond getting it and about using the benefit then I can't answer.

Comment

Working...
      X