Winter just a little too long...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter just a little too long...

I had a sinus infection, with a bladder infection in late December. Had another bladder infection, just finished meds Monday. Yesterday, started with a sore throat and stuffiness feeling like it may become respiratory issue, which I have a history of. This morning feel like bladder is kicking in again. I see urologist beginning of April for checkup.

My WBC counts are fine. Just had them checked at last Ty infusion.

It was a stressful two months with the holidays, our dog getting sick, and the painful decision that we had to say good bye to him two weeks ago. Emotional wreck even though I know it was the right and only humane decision.

Enough with winter. I need an early spring and fresh air!
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
    I had a sinus infection, with a bladder infection in late December. Had another bladder infection, just finished meds Monday. Yesterday, started with a sore throat and stuffiness feeling like it may become respiratory issue, which I have a history of. This morning feel like bladder is kicking in again. I see urologist beginning of April for checkup.

My WBC counts are fine. Just had them checked at last Ty infusion.

It was a stressful two months with the holidays, our dog getting sick, and the painful decision that we had to say good bye to him two weeks ago. Emotional wreck even though I know it was the right and only humane decision.

Enough with winter. I need an early spring and fresh air!
    pennstater

It sounds like you have had more than your fair share of pesky infections this winter.

The fresh air of spring will be here soon, and most welcome.

Sorry to learn of the loss of your beloved dog.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I know what you mean about your dog, a week before Christmas we had to say good bye to our dog. He got diagnosed with liver cancer with two months to live. He was suffering so my husband and I didn't want him to suffer. We had a vet who came to the house to put him to sleep. Just remember they are not suffering any more and they are at peace. Pennstater, I'm crying as I write this.

I hope you are feeling better and I hope you get rid of all infections. Utis are not fun I'm not bragging but I have not had one in two yrs and I used to have then all the time.

Shoo
      Shoo

Comment

We said goodbye to our 14 year old cat about a year ago. He was sick over Christmas (a once 13 pound cat was down to 4 lbs) and we made the decision in January, when he seemed to be in pain. Sorry for your loss.

I'm also sorry that you've been under the weather a lot this winter. Find something to boost your mood that will let your stress slide away. You deserve it.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Awe Kathy, I am so sorry

Do you do sinus rinses for your sinus infections, If not I would recommend trying them for a bit to see if it helps. I have non-allergic Rhinitis and Asthma, my Asthma Dr. recommends NeilMed sinus rinse and premixed packets that goes in the sinus rinse bottle. You use it only once a day. I don't like using it, but it does help. A sinus rinse will also help with nose stuffiness and dryness. Using a humidifier is also helpful.

Do you take Cranberry supplements? Drinking a lot of water? I have had a lifetime of UTIs as well as pain that could not be explained. I started taking 2 Nature's Bounty Cranberry 4200mg twice a day, although the directions say 3 times a day. I haven't had a UTI or the unexplained pain for a few years now.

our dog getting sick, and the painful decision that we had to say good bye to him two weeks ago. Emotional wreck even though I know it was the right and only humane decision.
          I'm sorry

Mid January the decision was finally made to have our 18 1/2 year old cat humanely euthanized. It was the hardest thing to do but was the right decision for her...not us, we greatly miss her. She had a very slow growing tumor that blood work did not give us an idea what it was affecting, our Vet could feel it. Her Vet found it in July and gave her 3 months, we were blessed to have her 3 months longer than expected.

Losing a family pet is as painful and devastating as losing a family member but that is because all of the animal we have had are very much integrated into the family.

May you find peace and happy memories
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved dog, that's just heartbreaking. I'm with you... get rid of winter, time for some fresh spring air, green grass and flowers. Please take care.
            Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I too am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dog. They are family members and it's a terribly difficult decision to have them put down. I know as I've been in your shoes putting down our beloved dog and cat at different times. It's a stressful time, which may lead to weakened immune symptoms.

Also sorry to hear of all your infections this winter. Our family has been passing the cold around and around for 2 months now. I think we all could use more fresh air, warmth and sunshine. Have you upped your Vit C and D3?

Hope you feel better soon.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I'm sorry for the los of your fur baby. It is really difficult isn't it? We had to put down our cat of 14 years a month ago and it was really hard for us all. I felt like she was part of my happy place, always a joy to me, almost like therapy. She was very loyal, loving, and her routines and personality so quirky and fun. I miss her and to think, I never was a cat person.

I hope that your memories of your pet will comfort you and I pray that you will quickly get over this latest infection and with Spring getting closer, I hope that the joys of warmer days, sunshine and being able to watch nature come to life, will indeed give you a sense of well being.

Comment

Indeed!! It has been a long winter. I guess if one has to catch colds and flu then it’s good to get it all over hopefully before it starts getting nice. Unfortunately it will take longer getting over your dog. One more long miserable month and we should have all the worst behind us. Fingers crossed.
                  It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories. Many pet lovers on the board! Probably trip PCP tomorrow, think developed bronchial asthma again. Don't have asthma, but whenever I get a cold it respiratory infection, get that with it.
                    Kathy

Comment

Feel well soon

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dog and sorry that you’re not feeling well
                      I hope you feel better soon
                      I understand well how MS symptoms worsen when we catch cold or flu
                      I had a mild cold 3 weeks ago still not fully recovered
                      😡😡
                      I pray for your speedy recovery

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes. In the medrol dosepack for 6 days. I really hate steroids, but agreed because of breathing. So have inhaler too, back to PCP Friday for checkup.

Going to try to get a slow walk in later. See how it goes. Since the sun is out, I need to get outside before the rains come again! Get some natural Vitamin D.
                        Kathy

Comment

I got a little better, had my Tysabri infusion last week, then the respiratory infection came roaring back. I probably should have pushed it back a week or two.

On a 3 week tapered Prednisone regimen. Oh how I hate Prednisone, but know I need it to open up the airways. Spring can't come soon enough!
                          Kathy

Comment

S0 sorry to hear you had another setback You all have been hammered with the wild weather! Won't make you feel any better, but we reached 74 today. After months and months of cold rain and grey skies, it was lovely today. I'm sending you some virtual sunshine and hopes you pass this lousy weather and infection once and for all!
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                              S0 I'm sending you some virtual sunshine and hopes you pass this lousy weather and infection once and for all!
                              Thanks so much Seesha! It must be working. The sun has made an appearance an it will hit the 50s this weekend! Hoping to be breathing well enough by then to take advantage and get out of the house!
                              Kathy

Comment

Working...
                              X