Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between DEEP white matter lesions and just white matter lesion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the difference between DEEP white matter lesions and just white matter lesion

I never say on any of my previous reports "Deep" White matter lesions was it just not indicated or am I getting worse?

The reason I hate MRI reports is that they are only as detailed as the radiologist makes them. Different radiologists will write the same pictures different ways. Your neuro should be able to look at the new pics and compare to the old and answer the question as to whether lesions in new areas. Just make sure to take the most recent two MRI discs you have.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      The reason I hate MRI reports is that they are only as detailed as the radiologist makes them. Different radiologists will write the same pictures different ways. Your neuro should be able to look at the new pics and compare to the old and answer the question as to whether lesions in new areas. Just make sure to take the most recent two MRI discs you have.
      Well said. I try not to scrutinize the reports. It is my understanding that in a relatively young person, less than 60 or so, any lesion is abnormal and not a good sign so splitting hairs even further only serves to increase my anxiety.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        Well said. I try not to scrutinize the reports. It is my understanding that in a relatively young person, less than 60 or so, any lesion is abnormal and not a good sign so splitting hairs even further only serves to increase my anxiety.
        Well said. Personally, I don't need to look for anything that is out of my control and only serves to ramp up my anxiety. It's just a losing proposition.
        Tawanda

Comment

My neuro looks at the MRI and interprets it to me. He has found that radiologists often miss things.

Comment

Working...
          X