Well I've been in denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I've been in denial

I don't know why. I guess I just didn't want to accept that I actually have MS, even with my last bad flare in 2012. My new doctor who I love! She told me that my MS is progressing and I have to stop it from going to my Spine, she wants me back on Copaxone! It's hard to accept my life hasn't been the same really since 2012-I've always been a hard worker and now can't really work. I feel like a burden to my husband.

Sometimes denial can be a good thing, samanthaelizabeth. It allows you time to move through life without worries and allows time for adjustments. Denial can also be a bad thing when people refuse to see there is a serious medical condition that needs to be treated.

I was in denial for a long time, as many of us were. I know it's really hard to face reality, but the Dr, who you love, is there to advise you on what will benefit you on your journey. MS is a progressive disease, so helping to stop progression is what we all need to think about and act on!

Maybe Copaxone 40 is the way to go and be easier for you? Some here go that route of injecting 3x/week instead of every day.

I've been in your shoes as we all have. Feeling like we are a burden to those we love and love us is a hard one to swallow. Keep those lines of communication open with your husband. I'm sure he loves and feels protective of you.

Glad you are here with us to talk about these issues
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        Sometimes denial can be a good thing, samanthaelizabeth. It allows you time to move through life without worries and allows time for adjustments.
        While having lunch with my one of my cousins who also had MS (and I actually have 3 cousins with MS for those of you who are unfamiliar with me), I poured out my heart about how disappointed I have been in every MS pharmaceutical I ever tried, admitting "denial" was the only thing that ever seemed to help me. Imagine my surprise when he told me he felt the exact same way! I guess samanthaelizabeth (love that name) is not alone!!
        Tawanda

Comment

Denial - the river in Egypt.
          I do believe denial is the only thing that gets me through the day. Nope, can’t walk; can’t work; pee my pants; can’t drive; keep reading “positive thinking”, exercise and take this or that miracle cure.
          Twenty years of diligent anti-MS drug taking and this is my lot. What is the alternative to plugging on, living in fairy land?
          There isn’t one. Catatonic depression, a one way trip to Holland? I want to live. So you just do the best you can with the lousy hand you’ve been dealt.

Comment

Hi samanthaelizabeth,

In your posts I am seeing yo0u had a brain MRI but did you also have a spine MRI?
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Great thread. Denial is my lifeline. When it crumbles, I start to weep.

Comment

yes, I did have a C-Spine and T-Spine...

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
                Hi samanthaelizabeth,

In your posts I am seeing yo0u had a brain MRI but did you also have a spine MRI?
                yes, I did have a C-Spine and T-Spine...No lesions there just a crumbling back with bulging discs. Just worried now that I am now SPMS as my doc said that it's progressing and wants to stop it before it gets to my spine. I'm still waiting for a call back from her. Can't seem to actually to to her!

Comment

Originally posted by samanthaelizabeth View Post
                  yes, I did have a C-Spine and T-Spine...No lesions there just a crumbling back with bulging discs. Just worried now that I am now SPMS as my doc said that it's progressing and wants to stop it before it gets to my spine. I'm still waiting for a call back from her. Can't seem to actually to to her!
                  What makes doc think it’s not in the spinal cord? Lesions are harder to see there, but they’re there. Do you have symptoms suggesting spinal cord involvement?

Comment

Just that my legs went numb a couple of weeks ago but they're okay now

Originally posted by Poolwatcher View Post
                    What makes doc think it’s not in the spinal cord? Lesions are harder to see there, but they’re there. Do you have symptoms suggesting spinal cord involvement?
                    Just that my legs went numb a couple of weeks ago but they're okay now.

Comment

Working...
                    X