Extremely angered about my new condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely angered about my new condition

Just diagnosed in sept. This year, 36 y/o highly active, hiking, biking, jogging, weightlifting, construction work/home renovations, I'm grounded can't even drive (probably could) I can't work, skate or barely do anything in this my first 9 week relapse.

im extremely angered and frustrated, all I do know is sit at home and seems ever one is busy with their own lives and I'm left here with this crap disease robbing me of my life.

The only positives are I'm starting tecfidera titration with 0 side effects, my walk is much better and my relapse is over I think I'm just recovering and balance and fatigue are ok today.

This is is so far from my life I'm having a hard time adjusting. My only hope is that my recovery keeps going and I get back to actually feeling good.

im just sad and angry because this is hard, I don't want to be i a wheelchair, I just want to have a close to normal life as possible and enjoy it cause right now it's hard and it sucks! 😩😩

Hello Ant,

I know how frustrating it can get but try to keep your mind on the positives you listed and not on what you can not do at the moment.

Hoping you continue to get better ea day.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

We get it. I'm sure many of us felt and/or feel anger about this disease.

When diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis it is very common to experience the 5 stages of grief which is what one may go through after the death of a loved one. With MS we can experience the stages of grief many times throughout our life with the disease.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-s...oss-and-grief/

Each time my mobility has been taken (3 times due to MS, one time due to a medication, and once due to a fall that broke my ankle) my anger is what helped motivate and pushed me to keep trying to walk. I considered trying/learning to walk again a constructive use of my anger
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Snoopy is right. We all go thru stages of grief when diagnosed and at various phases in disease course. It is normal. Getting angry can be healthy, especially if you can channel it into motivation.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi Ant,

Sorry you are going through this and have this diagnosis. I am confident that your recovery will keep going forward. You are early in your diagnosis. I remember feeling fatigue constantly for 3 months when I was first diagnosed in 2011. Suddenly one day, I realized that I felt better. It does take time.

You may want to start slowly with walking and exercise. I went from double vision and constant dizziness in 2011 to hiking 5 miles this summer in Montana. Good luck and keep us updated!!

Comment

Originally posted by KatW View Post
            Hi Ant,

Sorry you are going through this and have this diagnosis. I am confident that your recovery will keep going forward. You are early in your diagnosis. I remember feeling fatigue constantly for 3 months when I was first diagnosed in 2011. Suddenly one day, I realized that I felt better. It does take time.

You may want to start slowly with walking and exercise. I went from double vision and constant dizziness in 2011 to hiking 5 miles this summer in Montana. Good luck and keep us updated!!
            Kat - I am so glad to hear you are doing so well! Sounds like a beautiful hike. Sorry Ant - don't want to hijack your thread. Just glad to see a post from KatW!
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hiking

That's fine, I've been hiking in Montana (from Alberta, Canada) at glacier national park. Such good memories with my girlfriend, now things are more complicated with my new diagnosis but she's still here and MS hasn't broke us apart but I'm working hard in PT to regain my walk and balance and slowly recovering from my first flare from my one brainstem lesion, maybe we can hike one day again... any things possible right? I'm slowly crawling back to my restored mobility but it's soooooooo slow. My flare started sept 15 weekend and I'm sure it's still highly active but symptoms are not getting worse at least. I have all winter to rest and look fwd to a better time.

Comment

I totally understand the anger and frustration!! I was dx in 04, I'm an avid cyclist hiker adventurer that is also currently grounded due to a vision loss,

i got got out on a painful bike ride today for the first time in months, everything hurts all the time, baby steps in a positive direction drives ,me
                Dx 2004. Copaxone until 2006 became allergic. Avonex until 2010, then rebif until 2013. Then Aubaugio until 2017 now tysabri.

Comment

Working...
                X