Told for years I don't have MS, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told for years I don't have MS, but....

Hey everyone. 7 years ago I had numbness on my right side and was unable to hold anything in my hand. I went to the ER, they ruled out stroke and had me get an MRI. The MRI came back as MS. I went to a neurologist, who was a little rude, and she did a bunch of tests. All of the tests came back negative and she said the spot on my brain that they thought was the beginning of MS, was actually a spot on the lens.

I've had this numbness for several years and thought it was all in my head, but kept my subscription to MS World just in case. I ended up going to another neurologist who had me get another MRI. This one came back no MS, but I had a large tumor on my eye. This was missed twice by my first neurologist.

After a few months, doctors discovered the original mistake and saw the tumor hadn't grown. So I'm keeping it, but I still think about MS.

Now I'm having rectal incontinence and I ignored it at first (sorry, TMI). It happened again today, I looked at the causes and the only one that jumped out at me was MS (everything else didn't apply).

Can anyone advise me as to my next steps? I'm frustrated that I'm having several problems and the neurologists can't figure it out. I honestly thought for years that it was all in my head and just lived with it (for awhile I was told possible seizures, but no go). I'm frustrated with this new symptom and I don't know where to go. Is there any other doctor I should turn to? Any test I should demand? I had numerous blood tests, spinal fluid taken out, 7 years ago and they all came back normal.

I am sorry to hear that you have issues not being addressed.It sounds like the neuro indicated the numbness may be caused by your tumor?

For the rectal incontinence, even with an MS diagnosis, a neuro would want to rule out other causes. I would start with a gastrointerologist or your primary care physician.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X