Trying to rule out MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to rule out MS

I'm 26 years old and started having on/off neuro symptoms. This year. I had a normal brain MRI a few years ago and honestly I can't even remember why lol
    I've had muscle spacticity/ridgity (sp?) For 5 or 6 years. Started in left lower back. Then the whole thing. And hamstrings now. The muscles that run along the spine are like 3 or 4 times bigger than they should be. My left side still sticks out more than the right. Yes it's that obvious you can see it through my clothes. I can push on my side and about an inch or two in I can feel the muscle, it goes out that far In fact that's the most painful spot. On the sides right under my ribs. It's not just muscle spasms. It's constantly rock hard. It even pulls on my guts and goes down my groin. I have decreased rom severely.

Over the years I've become generally more fatigued and weak. My brain doesn't work like it used to. I was so smart before. I'm generally clumsy and have balance and memory problems.

Then something different happened this summer. I started having weird neuro symptoms come and go. Can't even see like at all. When I looked at someone's head I saw 2 heads really far apart. blurry/double vision and vertigo if I looked down. I tripped over my own feet way more often than usual. I barely got my nose on the neuro test at urgent Care and er. I mean I touched my nose just not the tip I kept getting the side and top lol. I would be speaking and stop mid sentence because I forgot what I was talking about. The last time my face went numb and when I took a drink of water it just ran down my face and I was slurring a bit
    This lasted about a day each time. I would go lay down and sleep for an hour or two to relax and try to make it go away and when I woke up it was still there. Then it slowly went away only lasted about a day each time it got that bad. It seems like new stuff happens every time. I had it happen like 4 times since June.
    It seems neurological.

But from what I've read Ms relapses last at least 24 hr to several days or weeks or forever even. And it only happens a few times a year.

I'm seeing a pcp next month supposed to see a neurologist. Just wondering what people who actually know about MS more than me think. Not trying to self diagnose more like rule out. I did look up other problems like Ms and none of those fit my symptoms at all. I haven't really found anything yet that matches my symptoms lol so what do you think? Is there anything anyone knows of besides Ms that can cause my symptoms?

Hi missriss91,

I'm seeing a pcp next month supposed to see a neurologist.
    You might consider adding an Ophthalmologist to the list of Drs. you are seeing, your vision problems are best evaluated by an Ophthalmologist.

Your symptoms may or may not be MS, only time and testing can give you an answer. Many conditions, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, some medications and mental health disorders can mimic the symptoms of MS.

The diagnostic criteria for MS requires all other possible causes for a person's symptoms be ruled in/out.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X