Will I ever recover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I ever recover?

It seems like finally my flare is letting up after two months it's still active but now it's stable. It's reached its maximum symptoms which is a bit of a relief, not sure how much longer this flare will last but at least it's not getting worse.

The two times I did solumedrol IV in hospital stay and steroid tapers my symptoms came back stronger but on this taper my symptoms remain unchanged and seem stable. The steroids help out a bit less each time but this is a nasty lesion (1) on brainstem causing numb left face, right arm weakness/numbness , right leg numbness, walking issues, balance, right hand a motor skills affected. The whole time I was on steroids the lesion grew a little bit a im attribute the increase in symptoms to that on my previous tapers.

Now that I'm on another taper my symptoms seem to be holding steady, which is great now I just need to wait this flare out but my question is can I expect a good recovery given I responded to steroids very well each time? Can I get to expect a remission coming with improvement.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

You never know what's going to happen with you his condition. I hope it works out for you.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Steroids may help you alleviate the inflammation and end or diminish symptoms associated to the relapse quicker than if you didn't take them. But they don't impact your actual long term recovery from a relapse and are not used to prevent/manage lesions.

Time will tell. Noone has a crystal ball that can tell you what you want to know. It's incredibly frustrating, but hang in there and do whatever therapy is recommended.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Fair enough

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
        Steroids may help you alleviate the inflammation and end or diminish symptoms associated to the relapse quicker than if you didn't take them. But they don't impact your actual long term recovery from a relapse and are not used to prevent/manage lesions.

Time will tell. Noone has a crystal ball that can tell you what you want to know. It's incredibly frustrating, but hang in there and do whatever therapy is recommended.
        I appreciate your input, I am noticing improvements daily, albeit very small. At least some symptoms are getting better but some are still stubborn like balance but we shall see how recover, rest time and patience I guess.

Comment

Clinical trials have shown balance improvement with a Wii balance board. From personal experience, my balance has improved dramatically with tai chi, qigong, and yoga- you need not do all three, each one in and of itself is effective.

Comment

Working...
          X