Klonopin and fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klonopin and fatigue

I take half of a Klonopin (.25mg) almost every night. Can this be causing me the all-day persistent fatigue and dizziness that I feel every day? It doesn't seem like enough to do that, but I'm starting to wonder. I am so exhausted from the time I get up, into the day and evening. But I have chronic insomnia, probably caused by the lesions and I need something to help me get to sleep. To clear this up.. my script is 0.5 mg and I cut those in half. Thanks
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Marti, I take the same amount of Klonopin that you do. I have not noticed any difference in my level of fatigue since starting it. It’s a very small dose, but seems to tone down my over active worrying so I can fall asleep.

For me, the amount of fatigue and muscle weakness vary by day for no apparent reason.

Comment

As cautious as I am with benzos especially used long term or for older people I also would doubt this small amount is making you fatigued the next day.

You could talk to your physician about trialing a discontinuation or maybe a shorter acting benzo to see if that helps?
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Thank you both so much. This is pretty much the way I see the problem too. My fatigue gets worse all the time and has been going on much longer than I have been taking this med.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Marti, I was diagnosed with MS back in 1999. Some time later I began to feel fatigued and it kept getting worse. To this day I suffer with chronic fatigue. My neuro put me on Provigil and trust me, this med helps me. Without this med I cannot get through the day

Comment

Working...
          X