Anyone using CBD oil for pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using CBD oil for pain?

I just started using CBD oil for pain. Is anyone else using it or has tried it?
    LA dx MS feb 2008
    Avonex Feb 2008-May 2009, Betaseron July 2009-Oct 2011 -- Tysabri Nov 2012-2014 -- Tecfidera 2014-2015 (allergic reaction) --Copaxone 2015-2016 (could not tolerate the painful itching) -- Tysabri November 2016 - Trying CBD for pain control

After months of recommendation from my acupuncturist, I started using CBD oil 3-4 months ago. I take when I get ready to go to bed around 8PM and again around 2AM if I wake up to go to the restroom. I experience leg spasms at night, frequently awakening around 2AM and can't go back to sleep due to leg pain. 10-15 minutes after taking the CBD oil, I can actually feel my leg muscles relax and I am sleeping better, and longer, than I have in 4 years.

I saw my neurologist yesterday and told him I was taking CBD oil. He said he has had several patients who say they have experienced good results with CBD....but because of his DEA license, he cannot recommend CBD to any of his patients. I'm very happy with my results, but the benefit appears to be cumulative for me; the longer I take it.....the better results I see.

Comment

I have been pleasantly surprised with the results. I had been taking it during the day but took it last night before bed.

I am usually so still and miserable in the morning I can hardly function.

Today I got up in less pain than normal. I wish I had tried this before!

How many mgs do you take? I take 350-500 mgs.

Originally posted by Canary54 View Post
      After months of recommendation from my acupuncturist, I started using CBD oil 3-4 months ago. I take when I get ready to go to bed around 8PM and again around 2AM if I wake up to go to the restroom. I experience leg spasms at night, frequently awakening around 2AM and can't go back to sleep due to leg pain. 10-15 minutes after taking the CBD oil, I can actually feel my leg muscles relax and I am sleeping better, and longer, than I have in 4 years.

I saw my neurologist yesterday and told him I was taking CBD oil. He said he has had several patients who say they have experienced good results with CBD....but because of his DEA license, he cannot recommend CBD to any of his patients. I'm very happy with my results, but the benefit appears to be cumulative for me; the longer I take it.....the better results I see.
      LA dx MS feb 2008
      Avonex Feb 2008-May 2009, Betaseron July 2009-Oct 2011 -- Tysabri Nov 2012-2014 -- Tecfidera 2014-2015 (allergic reaction) --Copaxone 2015-2016 (could not tolerate the painful itching) -- Tysabri November 2016 - Trying CBD for pain control

Comment

Stiffness in my legs and lower back is my biggest problem. I asked my neuro before starting CBD.

He said he did not have a problem with me using it he just could not endorse it.
        LA dx MS feb 2008

Comment

I take the liquid drop formulation, and have taken either 300mg or 500mg dosage. Sometimes I feel the need to take a full dose, and sometimes I only take 1/2 of the recommended dosage. My acupuncturist takes CBD oil in a tablet/capsule form, but I like the idea of faster absorption with the sublingual drops. I've been trying different brands to see if there is one brand that I prefer over another, but I haven't decided yet. Some of the descriptions talk about an "earthy" flavor..........one brand I took tasted like licking a dirty sidewalk. "Earthy" my foot!!!

Glad you are experiencing positive results also!

Comment

Where do you guys get it from? Is a prescription necessary?
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

You can order on Amazon. The place where I have acupuncture also sells a high-end CBD oil. Here in Indiana, this past summer, the excise police were confiscating CBD oil from health food stores, Fresh Thyme and I think Whole Foods? In Indiana, the "powers that be" can't seem to decide if CBD oil with absolutely zero THC is legal or not. Right now, we are able to purchase over the counter, but that could change based upon Indiana Attorney General review.

I've tried to comparison shop on Amazon, but because CBD oil isn't regulated, it's difficult to compare apples-to-apples with dosage, milligrams, etc. And when is organic really organic?

Comment

I would like to know if anyone has any input about brands. Which are know to be reputable and the ones to stay away from please and thank you.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

HOPE TO START

Hi I live in Pa and I hope to start this winter . excited let me know how you doing

Comment

Google "Charlotte's Web CBD Oil" and read a little bit about this product. Charlotte’s Web is a hemp strain developed by the Stanley Brothers in Colorado. They named it after a little girl who was having dozens and dozens of seizures a day, but this product reduced her seizures to only a few a day.

I've purchased different brands of CBD oil on Amazon, just to try them out, but didn't notice any real difference. The place where I have acupuncture is like a co-op, where various alternative medicine practitioners rent space, kind of like a hair salon. I spoke to the owner about Charlotte's web, which is the brand she carries. She said that she did weeks of research to determine the best product to sell. When she called the company that sells Charlotte's Web.....they interviewed her to determine if they would allow her to sell their product.

There is no dosage that is consider "lethal," the product does not cause a THC "high" and the only side effect I've been able to find is some possibility of dizziness. I haven't started taking this product yet, because I want to finish the rest of the product I'm currently using. I'll post again when I start Charlotte's Web CBD oil to let you know if I see a significant difference over what I've been buying on Amazon.

Comment

Spasticity

Originally posted by slckjebw View Post
                      I just started using CBD oil for pain. Is anyone else using it or has tried it?
                      Does hemp seed oil relieve spastic muscles at all? Looking to try.

thx

Comment

Just today, the Indiana Attorney General issued the opinion that CBD oil is illegal in Indiana. Anyone buying, selling or possessing CBD oil in Indiana can be charged with a crime. Lovely...............

Comment

WOW

Originally posted by Canary54 View Post
                          Just today, the Indiana Attorney General issued the opinion that CBD oil is illegal in Indiana. Anyone buying, selling or possessing CBD oil in Indiana can be charged with a crime. Lovely...............
                          Hemp is illegal in Indiana, unbelievable. Here in Canada it's legal to posses and use no issue at all I can't belive hemp oil is restricted as it has little or no THC compared to marijuana 20-30 %. That's pretty picky as hemp has many uses I'm gonna try it as a muscle relaxant.

Comment

Working...
                          X