chemotherapy skin cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chemotherapy skin cream

As if I didn't have enough problems with MS and transverse myelitis, now I have an additional issue. There's a pink growth on my temple (this is the third time I had a pink skin growth on my body, the first two times the dermatologist surgically removed them). However, instead of removing the current growth, he advised me to apply a chemotherapy skin cream 5% fluorouracil instead (he said the growth was precancerous) four times a day for a month. The cream is supposed to temporarily make my skin scary-looking (very red and blotchy) before making it better. However, I'm scared of using this skin cream, because I don't know how my MS might react to it (I've previously had MS attacks that were triggered by non-related medical interventions). Does anyone have experience with something like this?

I heard of a suggestion to use apple vinegar, which I tried yesterday. Afterwards, it hurt, and the pain from the skin growth on my temple felt like it went to my head. And then I became scared if the vinegar might somehow make the precancerous growth on my temple turn into cancer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I don't know what to do.

Some people have success using 'Golden Paste' for various things like this, so may be worth considering.

It's a mixture of tumeric, coconut oil and black pepper, all cooked up. There's a FB group called 'Tumeric User Group' or something like this where you can find out lots of information on this.

Comment

For me, I would go to another dermatologist and have the lesion removed. Like you, I have experienced flareups after non-medical procedures...never meds, but Removing a pre cancer skin lesion should be a simple thing. Easier than using meds. Good Luck.🌷🌷🌷
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Living in Florida for most of my life means skin cancers. I've had several techniques used depending on the lesion, and the kind of cancer.

I've had simple excision, MOHS surgery, burning or freezing pre cancerous areas, and I have used the cream I believe you're talking about. Mine was called Efudex and it's a chemo drug that does the job in destroying the cancerous lesion. I'd love to be able to have all my skin cancers treated with the efudex, but it's only used on certain lesions (not sure how they figure out which you can and can't use it on.)

You just apply a dab of the cream to the lesion for a certain number of days and the skin cancer is removed. Biggest hassle was a scab like red place on the place where you dab the cream. But it's preferable to surgery to me because no worries about infection, and healing of the wound, no stitches to be removed, no side effects (for me at least) etc. But everybody's different, so there's no predicting how you'd respond to the med, I just know my experience with it.

Comment

Working...
        X