Walking tires you arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking tires you arms?

Does you feel like you've lifted weights, done too many push-ups or something after going for a walk? My arms just feel all worn out. What the heck?!

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
    Does you feel like you've lifted weights, done too many push-ups or something after going for a walk? My arms just feel all worn out. What the heck?!
    Yes, my arms feel the same after walking for awhile too! I blame it on leaning too heavily on my rollator, as my legs are tiring.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I don't have a problem with my arm unless I'm actually using them like chopping veggies or washing them or doing most any simple little chore. I get exhausted, dizzy and sometimes palpitations. But walking does sometimes just wear me down.

Lately I've had a few days of terrible costochondritis pain which can also affect the arms and under the ribs.

Are you carrying groceries or anything when you walk? That always does it for me too.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Using my wheelie-walker hurts my arms big time.
        Mainly because I'm holding all my weight on my hands and shoulders, and dragging my legs.
        (I love Skechers shoes; problem is they stick to the floor. Carpet is dreadful.)

Wall-walking is supposed to be very bad, but at least I can "stand" upright.
        Lurching from wall to door to couch to bed. Hoo-yeah!

Carrying anything is hopeless. And any distraction at all is disastrous, bladder-wise.

Again, I hate MS. 😜

Comment

just a theory here, but it could be that as you're heating up your core temp by walking, that it is causing symptoms to arise--meaning your arms get tired.

I know I swing my arms when I walk, but they don't typically feel fatigued afterwards--but that's not where my symptoms usually arise.

Like I said, just a theory!

Don't give up walking though--maybe just try wearing a cooling scarf or something to keep your body temp lower?

Comment

Originally posted by hsmaldo View Post
            just a theory here, but it could be that as you're heating up your core temp by walking, that it is causing symptoms to arise--meaning your arms get tired.

I know I swing my arms when I walk, but they don't typically feel fatigued afterwards--but that's not where my symptoms usually arise.

Like I said, just a theory!

Don't give up walking though--maybe just try wearing a cooling scarf or something to keep your body temp lower?

Old post.. new question. How do you know if your core temp is heating up? Is it as simple as taking your oral temp?
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
            X