Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

helpful idea re heat/nerve pain issues I think??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

helpful idea re heat/nerve pain issues I think??????

FYI: heat is by far the worse thing for me re MS issues. I can deal with (or can I ? lol) fatigue, vertigo, tmj, sleeplessness, pain, staggering, nerve pain,foot drop, MS hug, etc. etc. etc. However, when the nerve pain/heat thrush in arms (we call pizza arms as feels like I just thrust arms into burning pizza oven) hits while in chair watching TV, I have "arranged" the following: keep temp at 68 or 66 year round (yeah I know hit to bill $$$$$$$ oh well)

I have my medium weight robe placed backwards on lap with arm holes facing me. Normally slightly cool thus put arms in backwards to sleeves sit watch TV or type like I am now--------- alert alert alert-------burning hits !!!!!!!! I rip robe off my arms and it falls into my lap thus RELIEF from burning======== if continues to spread I am able to pole vault entire robe into the floor thus thinking I am relieving my heat issues!!!!!! Safe at last till next on with the sleeves ,off with the sleeves ,on with the sleeves you get the picture right? Anyone else try this or am I brilliant bahahahahahahahah not

Originally posted by jkforrest View Post
    FYI: heat is by far the worse thing for me re MS issues. I can deal with (or can I ? lol) fatigue, vertigo, tmj, sleeplessness, pain, staggering, nerve pain,foot drop, MS hug, etc. etc. etc. However, when the nerve pain/heat thrush in arms (we call pizza arms as feels like I just thrust arms into burning pizza oven) hits while in chair watching TV, I have "arranged" the following: keep temp at 68 or 66 year round (yeah I know hit to bill $$$$$$$ oh well)

I have my medium weight robe placed backwards on lap with arm holes facing me. Normally slightly cool thus put arms in backwards to sleeves sit watch TV or type like I am now--------- alert alert alert-------burning hits !!!!!!!! I rip robe off my arms and it falls into my lap thus RELIEF from burning======== if continues to spread I am able to pole vault entire robe into the floor thus thinking I am relieving my heat issues!!!!!! Safe at last till next on with the sleeves ,off with the sleeves ,on with the sleeves you get the picture right? Anyone else try this or am I brilliant bahahahahahahahah not
    Yes! Someone stole your idea of the backward robe, only they got rid of the belt, used the cheapest material in the entire world, and marketed it as the "Snuggie"! I bought 2 of 'em! I used to take front open sweaters and zip-up hoodies and wear them backwards...why didn't I think of marketing this idea myself?? I could kick myself!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I play the same game, only with my socks all day and all night long. They have to be really loose warn-out socks just on the verge of getting holes in them! MS sure builds strange habits into us!
    Tawanda

Comment

Yes, on/off. I use a really soft zipper hoodie. I use separate soft blanket for legs. Now, all exasperated by hot flashes....
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

to both responses: yes I agree with the sock thing and the other blanket over my "pigs" as I refer to my toes as they MUST be covered with a blanket. Often get too hot thus fan blowing directly on me when in need of that. Sure can keep a dh busy turning fan off, on, off, on/ robe on, robe off, robe on bahahahaha We all must play the ever ADAPTING MS game on a moment by moment basis lol

Comment

Winter down here in Australia. Summer is a living hell - Winter is the same.
          I love Autumn and Spring.

All the 🍁 are brown... and the sky is grey...

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
            All the 🍁 are brown... and the sky is grey...
            I had to lol at this one - dates us, doesn't it?
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi guys, it never ceases to amaze me this "MS" thing, we all have the same problem but the symptoms are so different and varied, I get hot spots but nothing compared to what you describe, I find myself changing clothes a lot through the day "something I never did in the past" if I'm sitting around for a while I even go and get my PJ's on for the comfort factor.
              The heat of summer here in Queensland OZ can be punishing for about a month or more but the beautiful spring days, the autumn "fall"days are to die for they are the best and even winter down here is just fantastic our average temp is 27 deg celsius 81F, good luck and better days ahead Craig

Comment

Working...
              X