The Incredible Pill Storm of 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Incredible Pill Storm of 2017

My poor Kitty, Demon and her favorite playmate Squirt the Squirrel, lived through the incredible pill storm of 2017 by being slow to react to Momma's lapse in depth perception.

It all started when I filled my pill box with my week's worth of pills. That is 100 plus pills. About the time I reached to place the pill box on the table, out of the corner of my eye I caught Demon and Squirt rounding the corner and racing toward me. So, I thought I was close enough to drop the pill box and it land on the table.

Well, it never landed where it should have but it caught on the edge of the table and proceeded to flip and throw pills in all directions. The two animals must have thought I had lost my mind. i was screaming and trying to pick up the pills before they could. I think I acted so crazy that they just stopped to stare in amazement!

I think I got all of them up but I'm on the lookout for a happy cat or an out of control squirrel.
    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Lol! What a debacle but thankfully it sounds like everyone made it out in one piece.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

🙃 OMG. And now you've got to sort them all out. Your 🐈s probably got a lot of fun out it.

Comment

thank you

THANK YOU SO MUCH.... I needed that laugh this morning! really really needed it
        You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

I laugh at myself so often....

I hope I give others joy over my, ummm, unfortunate "trips". I try to laugh at them so often sometimes just to keep from crying. My friend said she couldn't understand how I could laugh when I had such an unpredictable disease. I said that as long as I could laugh, the disease couldn't beat me.

So, I hope I made someone smile or even laugh out loud. When something like this happens, I think about what some of my closest friends would do and I know their first response would be laugh, then pick me up and ask if I was going to survive.

Enjoy!

Comment

Yes, thanks for the belly laugh but I've never heard of anyone having a pet squirrel!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Squirrels, raccoons, skunks, kittens, puppies, birds etc

I work for a vet. We get all kinds of critters in and sometimes we have to carry one home to give it the care it needs to survive. We do have a wildlife rehabber nearby, but she was unable to take this one so I volunteered to raise it. I am going to eventually return it to the wild "life".

I am no longer allowed to volunteer to raise raccoons, certain birds, or a deer. My husband can be only so tolerant of my menagerie. I think he is getting used to it by now though.

Comment

Well, that explains it! You must have many stories to tell volunteering!

We live in the country and have had squirrels, bats, baby opossums, mice, birds, rabbits (all dead or alive) come into our house, thanks to our cat. We finally got smart and closed off the cat door!! Lots of deer, coyotes, raccoons and even bears come to our property. It's amazing to see.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by sulphur kennel View Post
                  I work for a vet. We get all kinds of critters in and sometimes we have to carry one home to give it the care it needs to survive. We do have a wildlife rehabber nearby, but she was unable to take this one so I volunteered to raise it. I am going to eventually return it to the wild "life".

I am no longer allowed to volunteer to raise raccoons, certain birds, or a deer. My husband can be only so tolerant of my menagerie. I think he is getting used to it by now though.
                  I love it! And am a tad jealous although I'd have a very difficult time with the release part

We stick with cats and a dog or two but DH's famous line, many times over when I've presented with yet another scraggly cat, is "of course, we are fortunate to always to have enough room at the table for one more mouth".
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  Anonymous

Comment

[QUOTE=
                    We stick with cats and a dog or two but DH's famous line, many times over when I've presented with yet another scraggly cat, is "of course, we are fortunate to always to have enough room at the table for one more mouth".[/QUOTE]

I think my hubby wishes that is all I bring home! LOL!

Comment

It sounds great. Having animals around is great- all kinds. And i thank you for the laugh too

I just brought home a baby turtle - i caught him in a creek- he's to small to go in our pond yet so he lives in our lounge and traveles out side to sun bathe a couple of time a day. he's an interest to every one in the house.
                      I have always had multiple animals but over the last few years i've limited myself to critters that can be left for a couple days and dont need much care.

I still havent sorted a pill box like yours that come open 2 months ago! bought another one
                      Am slowly using up the pills a couple at a time - the ones i recognise-but others just look the same so i may have to chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
                        It sounds great. Having animals around is great- all kinds. And i thank you for the laugh too

I just brought home a baby turtle - i caught him in a creek- he's to small to go in our pond yet so he lives in our lounge and traveles out side to sun bathe a couple of time a day. he's an interest to every one in the house.
                        I have always had multiple animals but over the last few years i've limited myself to critters that can be left for a couple days and dont need much care.

I still havent sorted a pill box like yours that come open 2 months ago! bought another one
                        Am slowly using up the pills a couple at a time - the ones i recognise-but others just look the same so i may have to chuck.
                        I love turtles!

This might not help with all the unidentified pills but in many cases if you google the color, shape and any numbers on it you can figure out which one it is. When in doubt however chucking is the best strategy.
                        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                        X