Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesions that have turned to Vacuoles?

Hello,

I was diagnosed back in 2007 with RRMS and have overall been fine... Last 6 months haven't been on meds because trying to conceive baby #2. Had MRI's done and my report says numerous lesions are Vacuolous now... What does that mean?? Like they have turned in holes?? Why does that happen?? Any more info would be appreciated...

Originally posted by MSmonkey View Post
    Hello,

I was diagnosed back in 2007 with RRMS and have overall been fine... Last 6 months haven't been on meds because trying to conceive baby #2. Had MRI's done and my report says numerous lesions are Vacuolous now... What does that mean?? Like they have turned in holes?? Why does that happen?? Any more info would be appreciated...
    Hi MSmonkey

I'm not familiar with the term vacuolous.

I wonder if it could mean the lesions aren't inflamed anymore?

Good question. Maybe someone who is familiar with that word regarding brain lesions will respond.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi MSmonkey:

Vacuoles are a normal part of many kinds of individual cells -- little tiny things. They're microscopic fluid-filled structures. Vacuolous is already an unusual term to use to describe brain tissue, and it's definitely not associated with MS (MS lesions don't turn into actual holes), so it's anybody's guess where the radiologist came up with that term for your MRI.

You absolutely need to talk with your neurologist about your radiology report to find out what's going on. I even recommend that you have your MRIs read by a different radiologist, because that description is really, really odd.

Comment

Working...
      X