No announcement yet.

How do you exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a Pilates reformer for 6 years and absolutely loved it! I sold it this past summer after I had my therapy pool and found the water was ever better than the Reformer. However, I highly recommend the Reformer for anyone who can't have the therapy pool or have difficulty getting to a pool.

Comment

Some exercise support from MSWorld

Just a reminder that you are always welcome to join our weekly exercise check-in thread. You set your own goals. It can be number of steps on a pedometer, a weekly exercise class, doing the PT exercises assigned by your physical therapist, you can count housecleaning, grocery shopping or gardening as one of your work-out days if it felt like a work-out or required physical energy, etc. Be as creative as you wish.

Just report, each week, if you think you met your goal. We accept somewhat flexible reporting. Many of us find that checking in with each other motivates us to do somewhat more than we might have done if we didn't have this group.

Sometimes, our fairly regular members miss checking in for a week. That's OK; just jump back in next week. Try us out!

Here are several recent links:
      http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...-for-4-27-2017
      http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...n-for-05-04-17
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I ride my recumbent exercise bike

About 40 minutes each time, 3 days a week. This has definitely reduced the pain associated with my groin muscles and hip. Wish I could trust myself on a real bicycle again, I loved my Sunday morning rides on a long wheelbase recumbent - they varied from 15 to 50 miles and provided a wonderful reason for an afternoon nap.

I don't break a sweat when exercising.

Boring, but I watch Netflix and Amazon Prime, mostly documentaries and a fair amount of Star Trek, the next generation.

G

Comment

Working...
        X