Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONFUSED AND ANGRY! NEED ADVICE QUICKLY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONFUSED AND ANGRY! NEED ADVICE QUICKLY!!

Moderators. I know I am posting this in the wrong forum but, I am looking for responses as quickly as possible. It takes forever to get a response in the proper forum. However, if you have to move it I certainly understand.

I recently began to apply for SSDI. In the process of completing the online application, I had to start, and stop several times. I was gathering the necessary medical records to properly answer all the questions. Well, I finally completed the application last night.

I now have all my medical records, and letters of support from all my doctors. I even have a letter from Louisiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services. LVRS help people find employment and, specialize in helping the disabled. The letter states they were unable to place me due to the level of my disability and the medications I take.

So, all is well and, my plan for today is to hand carry all the supporting documentation to the Social Security office today. Well, low and, behold last night I receive a letter from SSA informing me my claim had been denied due to insufficient supporting documentation.

So, my question is, How in the world could they make a decision on an incomplete application? The application was nowhere near being complete enough to even base a decision on. So, my plan is, to proceed to the SSA office as if I hadn't received the letter. Then I will argue my case of they give me a had time.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? I am looking for any help or advice I can get before heading out this morning. Thank you!
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Dear South,

Relax. Proceed to the SSA office as planned, and advise them that the computerized process jumped the gun on you while online and submitted your application prematurely. Offer the documentation you have to them in person (I'm sure you have kept copies to document what you will have provided them) and request that they augment the original application while you wait. Request documentation of the date that they accept the application from you in-office and hopefully they can provide some idea of the time frame necessary to process your in-office application.

Comment

How did they review your application if you just completed it last night? When you file online, you can leave ir in unfinished and go back to modify. They don't review until final submission.

Did you submit it as final, without giving them the medical contacts they need to reach out to!? Or other key pieces?

If not complete, I thought they were supposed to let you know they couldn't make a decision, not deny.

In the case of your medical records, go. Ahead and provide. They still will contact your docs and pull records.

If they won't reconsider opening your application, then you have two options:. Appeal or file a new application. I think you have to wait 60 days for a new application if denied in medical grounds, but my appeal took 19 months plus. Not sure if same 60 days applies for "incomplete". You would have to ask.

I am sorry you have to deal with this. Take a look at https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityssi/

The point of what happens after you apply indicates they are supposed to contact you if they need more information or documentation.

Good luck.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hey so, even if you tell them you received the letter, it is of no concern since you didn't complete the application. It seems you were having technical/time out issues and you can tell them this because that is the truth. You are going there in person. They will see your records and be able to make a determination. If you are denied officially, it would be in your best interest to seek a disability attorney. That's usually the next step in the process.

I know this, not from personal experience, but because my Mom is disabled due to health issues. I don't know if you have left yet for your appointment, but best wishes to you.

Comment

Waydwnsouth1 - how did you make out?
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

my advice, and this has already been stated, proceed to the SSA office an hand deliver the application explain to them what happened. Good luck to you
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
            X