New Symptoms but Intermittent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Symptoms but Intermittent

Hoping some wise folks can help me out. Like many folks, when overly fatigued, I get a worsening of existing symptoms and return of some that had remitted. Rest up for a few days and back to basekine.

But last week, my left leg went numb and not just blurry vision, but double vision (I have had optic neuritis before). But after resting for a few days, disappeared. Now this week, appeared yesterday afternoon, ok this am, then reappeared late afternoon.

I am due this Wednesday for my Tysabri infusion, so will review with nurse. I am sure she will consult with my neuro.

I don't think it's a flare, since not consistent with symptoms. But seems so weird, even for MS to have new symptom, but only when really fatigued.

Any thoughts? Not sure what to make of it.

Thanks
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Of course you should have your neuro weigh in. But one thing to consider is that eye muscle coordination actually takes a tremendous amount of energy. It can be thrown off by merely being tired or sick, let alone the struggle of deep fatigue.

One of the ways I know I'm too sleepy and it's time to turn in is that I start to have trouble keeping both eyes aimed at the book or TV and I slip into double vision. Nothing more serious than that.

It might be a good idea to get checked for a UTI or other infection that might be raising your core temperature (even by a little) and giving you pseudo symptoms. Body temperature and fatigue level can account for why the double vision comes and goes.

Comment

Thanks jreagan. Makes sense on eyes. I have had blurry issues, but not double when fatigued. I will see what the neuro says I guess.

The left leg numbness really worried me as I didn't know where my foot was landing. I had left eye ON, but pretty much all else right sided. Now when fatigued, leg isn't numb, but resorts to pins and needles feeling, like it fell asleep.

I guess the journey continues.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
        Thanks jreagan. Makes sense on eyes. I have had blurry issues, but not double when fatigued. I will see what the neuro says I guess.

The left leg numbness really worried me as I didn't know where my foot was landing. I had left eye ON, but pretty much all else right sided. Now when fatigued, leg isn't numb, but resorts to pins and needles feeling, like it fell asleep.

I guess the journey continues.
        Sorry you're having these issues.

If your double vision ever becomes a regular issue, you can have prisms put in your glasses
        and they can correct your double vision. That being said, I agree with jreagan...tiredness
        can do a number on your eyes, and even with my prisms, if I overdo, they aren't as effective
        as they normally are.

Hope you get back to your normal.

Comment

Working...
        X