• Show
Clear All

Losing my hearing or losing my mind

I just met a neighbor and and at the end:
    neighbor: "I'm happy by the way" with a laugh
    me: "oh good for you!"
    awkwardness
    me: wait, your name is Happy?

Anyway, her name is Kathy. But this happens a LOT lately and I"m starting to get bothered by it. I don't think it's physiological I think it's cognitive. It doesn't help that I'm already on the quirky side so I don't second guess what I hear and I don't judge. I take it at face value and then I find out I'm wrong, quietly if I'm lucky. Maybe it's good I'm quirky bc it's easier to brush it off.

But on the more worrisome side, I also am diagnosed with bipolar and have been hospitalized in the past for mania or psychosis. But I never had hallucinations but I'm wondering if this is some form of an auditory hallucination? I know I have cognitive problems though and I'm having a lot of anxiety this weekend. I chose to spend it alone and I'm out of klonopin so there's that.

Ugh, I don't want to see another doctor to get my hearing checked but I probably should. But does this sound like a cognitive or psychological issue? Or anxiety. But it happens so much lately. And even when I found out she said Kathy it still had sounded like Happy. And I was two feet away. And this really does happen a lot and it's new.

But I think I've lost some perspective. Anyway thanks for reading.
Working...
X